iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husqvarna part?

Started by kelLOGg, December 05, 2023, 09:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

I have a Husqvarna 55 Rancher and chain tensioning screw system has a part missing. The screw tensions and un-tensions the chain ok but when I remove the bar and chain for sharpening I notice the screw slides in and out easily. It seems like there should be a "collar" around the screw near the head to keep it in place but there is nothing. The owner's manual is no help. See pic.
If you have this model can you post a pic?

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

donbj

There's either a nylon washer that fits in the slot that screws all the way on until it rides in the groove in the adjuster screw or sometimes a circlip snap ring can be installed in the groove that holds it in
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

DHansen

Small nylon square that holds the threaded screw in position.  It has a groove to ride in and hold it in place.  They get old and break apart.  I have seen some models where the nylon square is at the tail end of the screw and some at the head end like the one in this photo.  As said above some have a small snap ring at the tail end of the screw.

Big_eddy

My dealer snipped me a short section of fuel line as a replacement. Said that is what they use.better than original.
I can't recall what diameter, but it works

donbj

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

kelLOGg

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check my saw closer to see how I can insert one of the items suggested.
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

donbj

It should be easy to do. Just unscrew the adjuster screw to remove the dog that engages the bar. Find a piece of fuel line that the inside is a bit smaller than the adjuster screw threads. Cut a piece about 3/8" long and screw it onto the adjuster bolt up to the case hole. Then screw the dog back on. The fuel line will spin with the adjuster bolt and will hold it in

kelLOGg

I installed the fuel hose segment as suggested but I fail to see how it prevents the tensioning screw from sliding in and out. It seems to me that some sort of clip should fit around the groove in the screw to prevent the in/out motion.

Spike60

That little nylon keeper that Dave and Don mentioned is so cheap and so common to several models that crafting alternatives is hardly necessary. Any Husky dealer should have them in stock. Certainly easy to put them on his next order. Best here to get the right part and keep it simple.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Spike60

Part number for this nylon keeper is:

501 546 301

About $3 last I knew.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

donbj

Many times the simplest little thing is no gotto at my local dealer thus improvising at times is necessary. Had to rob the little nylon keeper for this very purpose off of one of my 394's for my son's 395 chain tensioner. Dealer never had and was not going to have for about a week. He lost the one I gave him so I installed two snap rings in the groove and he's still  going. That was over 3 months ago.

Thank You Sponsors!