iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huricane Florence

Started by Lawg Dawg, September 07, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

There are 28 Fema Task Forces nationwide.  Currently they are all deployed for hurricanes.  3 in Hawaii, 3 being used in state where Florence is threatening and 22 have been sent from their home states to the southeast.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

samandothers

My brother and his wife are in Brunswick County NC just on the mainland from Sunset Beach NC.  This will be their first Hurricane.  They bought their house there and moved in April.  Storm shutters are up.  Her sister and her husband live there too.  Their house is on the Intercoastal Waterway.  The four plan to stay at my brothers place until it moves inland.  

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The DanG thing is headed right to my Sawmill shed! I ain't lying !

Talking about tornadoes coming off of it too. 
We got batteries, water, ice, Sundrops, 
Turlet paper, purple drank, all kind of food and a box of re-sharps on the way.
Bring it on Flo! 😂😂😂
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

The latest tracking forecast takes the eye right over my parents house near Kingstree, SC, I am there.  Prayers for all who will be affected!  I will give updates as it progresses...
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Roxie

I'll bet your parents are so happy that you are with them.  Godspeed and check in as you can. 
Say when

nativewolf

Quote from: samandothers on September 12, 2018, 08:55:57 PM
My brother and his wife are in Brunswick County NC just on the mainland from Sunset Beach NC.  This will be their first Hurricane.  They bought their house there and moved in April.  Storm shutters are up.  Her sister and her husband live there too.  Their house is on the Intercoastal Waterway.  The four plan to stay at my brothers place until it moves inland.  
I grew up on the IC just north of Wilmington, Sunset beach IC side of things should be fine.  The hurricane looks to be weakening a lot, very common for hurricanes crossing the atlantic and not riding up the gulfstream.  Hope your family is well, Sunset beach's only issue could be the bridge.  It's gone out before however, it's a quick boat ride back to land.  
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on September 12, 2018, 05:53:21 PM
The Fema Rescue Task Force that I'm part of has been assigned to  Brunswick County in NC.  Apparently that is on the north side of the landfall.  I didn't make the roster this time due to our monthly rotation.  My teammates will be in the area to help when needed though.
Missouri Task Force 1.
Folks will be glad of the assist.  Great that everyone does this with such disruption to their lives.
Liking Walnut

fishpharmer

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

kelLOGg

Firefighter, thanks for your help.

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Texas Ranger

Fish and all the rest of you on the east coast strike area, GET OUT, we lived through a couple 100 miles inland, no storm surge, but damage still not fixed.  It will be a tsunami with tide surge.  Calling for a 15 foot tide wall. Haul butt, y'all.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

fishpharmer

Thanks TR, we are about 60 miles away from the coast, hunkered down. Should weaken by the time it gets here.

submarinesailor

Quote from: fishpharmer on September 13, 2018, 05:59:44 AM
The latest tracking forecast takes the eye right over my parents house near Kingstree, SC, I am there.  Prayers for all who will be affected!  I will give updates as it progresses...
In the late 70's and early 80's, I drove thru Kingstree many, many times while making runs between Manassas, Va and Charleston, SC.  Route 52 from Florence to Goose Creek.

Andries

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on September 12, 2018, 10:25:56 PM
The DanG thing is headed right to my Sawmill shed! I ain't lying !

Talking about tornadoes coming off of it too.
We got batteries, water, ice, Sundrops,
Turlet paper, purple drank, all kind of food and a box of re-sharps on the way.
Bring it on Flo! 😂😂😂
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you in Flo's path.
Like Poston, it appears that you're all "stocked up, tied down and boarded up" for this one. 
. . . and it's so good to see the offers of help or accommodations before and after all the havoc.
smiley_clapping
Dave, that box of re-sharps is going to come in handy for the cleanup afterwards!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

samandothers

Firefighter thank you and your counter parts for sharing your skills and helping.

Nativewolf the swing bridge at Sunset was replaced 2 or 3 years ago with an arched structure.  My brothers place is about a mile inland from the bridge.  His SIL's is on the IC near Little River inlet.  They view the ocean over Bird Island.  Very peaceful when storms not raging.

Fish appears you may be near North Myrtle Beach, you are a short ways from them a little southeast.  All be safe!

Sixacresand

For those who are in the path of the storm (by Mosie Lister)

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Chorus
Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Claybraker

Scattered and smothered reports coming in of some Waffle House locations already closed ahead of the storm.

firefighter ontheside

My guys are now in Leland NC awaiting orders.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

mike_belben

Dig out your insurance policies and make sure all your stuff is covered.  Any additions or new assets that need to be on there better happen stat.  
Praise The Lord

WV Sawmiller

David,

The bad thing about it headed for your sawmill is you are  only about 25 miles from my daughter, SIL and 21 month old grandson. We've already told them to come on up but so far they are not. Same applies to you and others if it get s that bad come on up. Plenty of parking on the lot in front of the house and if it really gets bad we have a standby generator here keeping the house and well going. 

We are coming down Tuesday to pick up a friend coming in from Tuscon AZ. I hope she does not get a shock when she lands an don the way up here.

Claybraker,

I thought Waffle Houses never closed. I went in one after a hurricane hit Auburn when I was going there. The manager told me part of the policy was to bury the front door key in the cement pad at the front door when they build one. In all honesty, there is some point everybody needs to move out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Quote from: mike_belben on September 13, 2018, 02:07:57 PM
Dig out your insurance policies and make sure all your stuff is covered.  Any additions or new assets that need to be on there better happen stat.  
Once they issue a warning insurance companies freeze any increases or additions to a policy.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

No_Dude

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on September 13, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

I thought Waffle Houses never closed. I went in one after a hurricane hit Auburn when I was going there. The manager told me part of the policy was to bury the front door key in the cement pad at the front door when they build one. In all honesty, there is some point everybody needs to move out.
You know things are popping off good whenever the waffle house closes. 

Raider Bill

Quote from: No_Dude on September 13, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on September 13, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

You know things are popping off good whenever the waffle house closes.
Speaking of waffle house. Have you noticed they are building new ones all over? I saw a waffle house food wagon 2 weeks ago.

Ianab

Waffle House has a policy of staying open if at all possible, even if they lose power, they have an emergency menu just for that situation.  

So FEMA actually uses Waffle Houses as an unofficial measure of how bad an area has been hit. If they are closed in a certain area, that's where you send the help too, because things must be really bad.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_belben

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 13, 2018, 03:14:32 PM
Dig out your insurance policies and make sure all your stuff is covered.  Any additions or new assets that need to be on there better happen stat.  
Once they issue a warning insurance companies freeze any increases or additions to a policy.
That stinks.  Id atleast call and verify my policy was current.  No "we didnt get last months check" excuses.  
Praise The Lord

Raider Bill

Quote from: mike_belben on September 13, 2018, 04:30:23 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on September 13, 2018, 03:14:32 PM
That stinks.  Id atleast call and verify my policy was current.  No "we didnt get last months check" excuses.  
In a way it does but think of the people that wait until a storm is about to hit to get coverage so they don't have to pay the rest of the time.

Thank You Sponsors!