Sponsors:

How did you first find the forestry forum

Started by chet, March 26, 2004, 08:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I myself got pointed this way from dat other site by Tom.  :)  Thanks Tom!
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pasbuild

I to made it over here from that other site, don't know how posted it, that was back when they left links for there members now they are removed. :-[
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

chet

Jeff I put da udder column in dar just for you.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Swede

I visited an other forum trying to learn all about mobile band sawmills that not an usal milling metod here. Got a link to FF, made a visit here, found FF more in my mind and just moved in.
Thak you for the 2,3 litres of tears I´ve let on my keyboard lauging at your storys. The "Ant story" takes first price (^_____^)

And thanks for all the good advises I´ve got here.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

redpowerd

id like to change my vote to 'gee, cant remember' from 'stumbled on'. your polling system seemed to defeat my 'back' button, jeff.

i think i found this place looking for info from kasco mill owners, cant remember. anyway, larry and everyone spoke right up, and ive been home ever since 8)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

EZ

Arkansawyer pointed me this way, best move I ever made.
EZ

Norm

Tom was over fishin on WW and I followed the link to here, thanks Tom.

Fla._Deadheader

Forestry forum, is something that would never have appealed to me. By name, I never would have been interested.

Having been in the log recovery, and trying to find a way to make the money from the logs, and wanting to find an economical way to saw the logs, I was wandering around at the "other" place.

Someone, could have been Tom, mentioned this place, and when I crawled up and peeked over the fence, I found what I was looking for, over here.

What a grand trip it has been. I feel very fortunate to have found what is available here, and mention it often, to anyone that shows an interest in wood.  Dere, how's dat, Chet ;D ;D

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

wiam

I heard about it from the other site.

Jeff   maybe your answer should be "just got lucky and stumbled upon" ;)

William

Bill_B

Bill B

Rocky_J

I didn't get an actual link from another site, but I've heard this forum mentioned here and there on other forums where I participate. Logging is not a big interest of mine but I enjoy reading about most anything related to chainsaws and/or working outdoors. I mostly check out the chainsaw forum but I've found lots of funny and enjoyable reading here in the General forum.
 :)

etat

From over THERE, to over HERE!  Started over there tryin to learn about siding and yellow poplar.  When they had the uproar about non professionals I realized I was through over there.  Lurked around awhile and one day everything was Yooperized!  I just couldn't stand it no longer!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Percy

I used to get abused over at zee Doktors place and one day,Bibbyman invites me over here. Abuse is now minimal :Dand the good times are many,ya.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

CHARLIE

Tom told me about this forum and told me I should just take a peek at it.  I did and found that I needed to join just to keep him on the up and up and to tell some honest stories about him.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

RavioliKid

I met Jeff at "the other forum" and came over here with him when he started this one. I'm a real "Old Timer." :D

RavioliKid

OneWithWood

Someone, probably Jeff, gave me a card at the Woodmizer 20th party.  By the time I wandered over to the vendor booths they were beginning to tear down.  Whoever gave me the card was obviously tired after a long day and was not really talkative - mebbee it wasn't Jeff.  Anyway I checked out the URL a week or so late and have been here ever since.  Great place, great advice, great knowledge and really great people.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

old3dogg

I stepped over from Dens site.
Stayed here because of the great info and fun people.
I do have to tell you all that I did fall off the wagon today and posted on the WW.
Im real sorry but some guy was gonna buy a WM vac kiln.
Gotta help out where I can!

Ga_Boy

Them good fellers at Nyle intorduced me to this romper room. ;D

I guess I'll have to buy that L-200 now.
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Furby

I found this place while looking for info on WM. It only took a couple of minutes for me to get hooked!  ;D

Frickman

I can blame Bibbyman for finding this site. He had a link on a post at that other website and I've been here since.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

jtmccallum

Found a link on MFRA site.  Found that site by searching to see what the auto tour signs on US127 are about.   Been hooked ever since.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Jeff

jtmccallum, there is a post in the woodswalking thread in the outdoor board about My kids and I putting the web address's on all those auto tour signs. I wore out my rotozip cutting all those marine plywood ovals but it was fun!

Jeff

Stephen_Wiley

Well I already mentioned this, but I will give a little more detail.

Was searching Google one night for some information. Because I was already on some other forums.  I just decided to see what would come up when I typed in 'Forestry Forum' .  I got several messages about past or upcoming seminars (forums). A couple pages later a topic appeared and a url to this site.

Proceeded to - read only - for the next six months, was amazed at the maturity and family-like atmosphere.

Been enjoying this site since.

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln