iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Great Stool Auction

Started by Burlkraft, February 15, 2012, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Right now would be a good place to "inject" summa that Doctor money  ;) ;)

It's all good!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Patty

Roxie you have a one-track mind there girl!  :D I am kinda partial to the BBQ side as well.  ;)

I think our little Sugarplum got the ball rolling now!  Go Norm!   smiley_blue_bounce
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

She certainly did but PLEASE do not bid against me.   :D

Den Socling

I just went to check on the bidding and fell off my stool!

Mooseherder

I think there is a little wiggle room left. ;D

scsmith42

Quote from: Norm on February 17, 2012, 12:24:12 PM

Norm, remind me never to play poker with you...   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Mooseherder on February 17, 2012, 12:34:29 PM

You are correct sir!  ;D

Nobody else will ever have one. And when we die, the value will skyrocket   :D :D

And........... ya git ta name the pig!

scsmith42

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 17, 2012, 03:04:33 PM
Quote from: Mooseherder on February 17, 2012, 12:34:29 PM

And........... ya git ta name the pig!

Man, that's worth another hundred bucks of bidding alone!   :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think I'm going into the STOOL business!

Very nice work and some exciting bidding!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ellmoe

Gitting out of the pork price range, looks like caviar and filet minon! :o
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Awesome Stool and I knew I wanted it before i even saw it   :) ;) ;) :D :D Now how do I put a bid on this beauty  ??? sorry Patty  :(

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

RynSmith

Why do I get the feeling Meadows Miller figured out how to put his bid in and had a bit of an awakening?  :o  ;D

Magicman

A slow boat  sail_smiley or a fast horse  smiley_horserider is not going to work for him.  I really think that he needs to save up for a plane ticket.   air_plane
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I thought about throwing a bid out there but decided I'd like to remain married  ;).

Lud

That is a FINE looking stool!  The curve and strength of the legs., the proportions of the seat and color and grain contrast between seat, screw and collar are all of the finest.  A great bit of collaboration.  You should be proud.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

customdave

My hats off to the fellows that built this stool!!! Excellent craftsmanship , I like it very much  ;)...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Warbird

Impressive stool and impressive bidding.  You folks are awesome.

Jeff

Its thrilling to know that for the first time ever for an upcoming pigroast, Tammy and I do not have to worry and fret on how we are going to pay for things.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

Burlkraft-

While I would love to own that stool, at this point the doctor money will just have make a donation to the pig roast.  I guess this is as good a time as any to let my buddies on the FF know that I won't be joining you in August for that expensive (or free - depends on how you look at it!) pig.  My family and I will be going to London for the Summer Olympics.  My best friend is a director for NBC sports, and he runs their Olympic coverage.  This will be his last one he's going to do for them, so the window to do this is closing.  Furthermore, my kids are growing up and this would be a very grand family vaca for us.  Once they get into their 20's, I am not sure how many family outings we can piece together as their schedules get busier and busier.

I missed the Pig Roast last year with my total hip, so I regret not being able to attend and meet you all in person this year.  As the Baltimore Ravens said.....maybe next year.  While I am thrilled to be going to the Olympics, I would also like to see everybody in the Forum family.

So, no, the doctor is not buying the stool, but he will contribute to the party!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

I was pretty bummed when Bobby told me awhile back he wasn't going to be able to come, but I'm warning everyone in advance, that if my campaign to have doctorb adopt me and take me along with him to the Olympics is successful, I won't be at the pigroast either so that puts Burlkraft in charge of cooking da pig.

How's things looking on the adoption proposal "Dad"? ;D

scsmith42

Quote from: Norm on February 17, 2012, 12:24:12 PM

Well Norm, are you going to jump back in?  At six and a quarter, I think that I'm gonna fold... 

On the other hand, if I had your money I'd still be bidding!   :D   ;D

doctorb

Jeff-

My NBC friend has been giving me grief, in jest, that I am not taking my oldest daughter's boyfriend with us!  Believe me, I would much rather have you along.  If somehow he did come with us, I'd rather be at the Pig Roast!

So, if I said you had a one in a million chance of being adopted for the Olympics, you could say, "At least I gotta chance!"  Do they speak yooper in London? :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

It's lookin good!  8) My Mom used to say I was one in a million.

Thinking that through a bit though, she usually started that sentence by saying Jeffrey and ending with a shake of her head. :-\

Burlkraft

That's ok Doc. I'd got to the Olympics too!! Especially on those credentials  ;) ;)

That stool would make a great exam table stool..... ;D

Are ya gonna see the Queen? Last time Jill and I were through there we missed her by an hour or so at the Palace.

Ya gotta send some pics of fish & chips...I love British fish & chips.........

submarinesailor

Quote from: doctorb on February 20, 2012, 12:05:02 PM
If somehow he did come with us, I'd rather be at the Pig Roast!

Doctorb - I can not tell you just how many times I got myself in big trouble because I made that same statement a little too load and it got overheard by someone - one of the 3 daughters.  So, I know exactly what you are saying.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!