iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took the day for myself

Started by Woodboogah, June 16, 2014, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I have been working 7 days a week and haven't had time to do anything for me.  Today I met up with my dad for breakfast for a late fathers day ( I was working yesterday ) and after I left with him I said to myslef I am going home!  I came home unpacked my truck and did some paperwork.  Now I just giving my truck a good bath and inside cleaning.  Spending time with the dog and tending the garden before my wife gets home from work.  It will be nice to spend some time with her instead of coming home feeding the animals, tending the garden then coming in to eat at 730-8 and falling asleep by 9.  I still feel bad about not going to work, but whatever, I am the only person I have to answer to.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

goose63

As long as yer happy to heck with the rest some times you just need a day to do nothing  :) :) :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

yukon cornelius

ya gotta do that sometimes. im like you, when I take a day its not for sittin around. I took Saturday for me and caught up on some much needed maintenance on my truck. its a rare occasion around here to get to do some items until they just have to be done.

I say GOOD FOR YOU  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

drobertson

Personal time is critical.  7 days a week will get most folks pretty quick.  Sounds like you need to pack a tent, canoe, a few poles and hit a river for a few days,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Congrats on the "off time" and also the quality time spent with your Dad.  :)  Do it as often as your can.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Good for you. Dads aren't around forever, and even spouses (as evidenced by others here on the FF).  You'll never look back and say you spent way too much time with your family   
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Dave Shepard

I took the day off from the mill to drive a silage truck. It was great! Truck #1 quits? Not my problem. Truck #2 quits? Not my problem.  $400,000 chopper catches fire? Not my problem. We did get the fire out with my water jug, so I guess that was my problem.  :D

New bands should be here tomorrow, so back to milling for me.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Dave,that Farmer did not have good day.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

And that doesn't include the hour and a half detour to round up 7 heifers that showed up a mile from where they were supposed to be. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

redprospector

Even God rested on the 7th day. We all need to take a day once in a while.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

sandhills

Dave just curious what you were chopping?  I don't have any equipment of that magnitude but seem to have days like that quite often  :D.  Spent today driving the neighbors cattle to pasture, didn't get to spend near as much time as I'd liked in the saddle but it was a nice break anyway, then just worked on a stock well and watched the weather, bad storms and tornadoes a little to close for comfort around here.

Dave Shepard

We were chopping hay. I'll put pics up later.

Thank You Sponsors!