iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's everybody up to this holiday weekend?

Started by Norm, May 30, 2010, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

We are going to plant the winter squash and do some weeding but otherwise it's just plain old loafing around.

SPIKER

Trying to recover from too much sun & mowing & garden work yesterday besides hosting some BBQ at my place...   so today just laying around recovering wish most if it wasnt allergy related though...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Raider Bill

I'm recovering.......... smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sick smiley_skull smiley_smash smiley_alcoholic_01 whiteflag_smiley

I maybe had way too much fun yesterday :-*
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Warbird

We are doing "container gardening" this year.  Yesterday, we planted spinach, carrots, broccoli, various types of lettuce, and some flowers.  Today, we're going to church and then loafing around with family.  Tomorrow, I have to figure out what I did wrong when I replaced the rear brakes on the car, cause they are squeaking to high heaven again.

In other words, business as usual.  :)

beenthere

Going to the World's largest bratwurst fry in Madison this weekend. Trying to beat the record of 209,000 brats cooked/eaten last year.

http://www.bratfest.com/

Our Chorus will be entertaining for an hour in the morning, then back to home town for Memorial Day ceremonies and a Chicken BBQ. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scgargoyle

Pretty quiet weekend for us. The wife is working all 3 days, so we eat whatever I feel like cooking  :D. I'm slowly getting my little Boston Whaler in shape so we can use it once or twice before summer is over. I'll fire up the smoker tomorrow- I've got a couple racks of beef ribs to slow smoke.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

pigman

I started a very serious endeavor yesterday, doing nothing, and did not get finished so I will work on it again today. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Norm

Larry

Friday night Dad got bit by a spider...I looked at it Saturday and thought it might be a brown recluse bite.  Rather than take a chance it was off to the emergency room.  Young Doc there freaked out when he saw the bite.  Dad had applied merthiolate and the Doc mistook it for some kind of weird blood poisoning.  Dad educated the Doc about the use of merthiolate and the Doc suggested Dad throw his merthiolate away.  In and out in less than an hour...quite unusual.

Finished sawing a few logs for a neighbor this morning.  Going to fire up the BBQ in a bit.

Kathy thinks we need to do something special tomorrow...its our anniversary...maybe she will let me sleep late. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

jjmk98k

Im just doing stuff around the house and surfing FF!
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Kansas

Three of us came into work today. I needed to fire the heat treatment chamber up for some skids that had to be sitting at the plant gates for first thing Tuesday morning. The other two were on the resaw for 5 hours or so.
At least two of us are coming back in tomorrow. No rest for the wicked.

Roxie

I spent yesterday and today canning and freezing peas and putting up strawberry jam.  Also had an excellent visit with my oldest son who dropped by and just loves to sit at the table and talk while I'm working in the kitchen.  He comes every year to talk about his Dad.  Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry, but we always remember. 

My niece has played trumpet (taps) for the local VFW every year for the past 15 years.  The group goes from cemetary to cemetary putting American Flags on the Veterans graves.  At one cemetary there are tombstones from the Civiil War.  The last stop is at a bridge over the Brandywine River where a wreath of flowers is thrown over and we watch it float away while my niece plays taps.  This bridge is on a busy highway (Route 30) and I'm always impressed at the number of people who see what is going on and pull over to watch.  You could hear a pin drop when the last note of taps is played.  It's the kind of thing that no matter how many times you hear it, you still get a chill up your spine, every time. 

After that, it's off to my baby sister's house for an outdoor BBQ with family.   
Say when

jjmk98k

Quote from: Roxie on May 30, 2010, 04:36:52 PM
You could hear a pin drop when the last note of taps is played.  It's the kind of thing that no matter how many times you hear it, you still get a chill up your spine, every time. 

yup.... know it all too well.... not ashamed to say sometimes i get very teary eyed!
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Jeff

Opening the pool up for the first time this year so I can mow it! :-\ ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Been watching chicks all day  ;D  :o   8) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Those chicks , they are in an incubator and so far there is 18 out and six to go .  8) ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on May 30, 2010, 06:01:09 PM

Been watching chicks all day  ;D  :o   8)  
Hmmm I stopped by Clearwater Beach earlier. Watched a few chicks myself. Wonder if there were the same kind as you were watching?

Raider Bill

Must have hit the post at same time. The one I watched were on a sand incubator, Northren Bikinis I think they call them. Not very good with eggs but they cackle. ;D

CHARLIE

I chaired a Kiwanis Brat and Hotdog fundraiser sale on Saturday and Sunday to help raise some money for a Boy Scout Troop.  The Boy Scouts helped out.  The weather was good and we did well but now I am beat.

Of course on Monday, it is memorial day and I'll fly my flag and pay my respects to those servicemen that paid the ultimate price for my freedom.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

thecfarm

We went and visited my parents grave,put some flowers by the grave stone.Than towards evening we went to my step sons for a BBQ. We are going to the parade to the next town over this morning.Only a small town,won't be watching long.But I will be there to remember and show my respect. I expect one of my friends to come over with his Grand Daughter to plat some badminton.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Well........ Fri, Sat & Sun(½day) the ole Wood-Mizer was cutting 3553 board feet of Red Pine into Adirondack Siding, and 1x8 lumber.

Today We're taking the day off from anything like work.
We're going out to breakfast, then going by the pool place to pick up another jug of chlorine for the pool and it should be ready for the summer.
Oh, almost forgot, then a cook-out at our place with my FIL & MIL.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bd354

We're staying around the house weekend, worked in the garden a little, mowed some grass, and worked on the Warden's swimming pool ( hole in the ground you pour money into). This morning I'm waiting on a call from the car shipping co. that's bringing my son's car from West Texas. He's coming home from 6 yrs. in the USAF Wednesday. Since I had no idea what shape it was in I decided to ship it home and get him a plane ticket. Easier for everyone. We'll probably grill some burgers this afternoon after the car gets here. Wish everyone a happy holiday!

Magicman

I decided to cut/split firewood this morning.  Thankfully I finished by noon.  It got HOT!!!

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Faron

Cut hay, applied ammonia, sprayed, and looked without success for somewhere dry enough to plant this confounded crop. ::)  Finished up the day with a small thundershower,  :( and a cookout for my grand daughter's birthday. 8)
Chris, Faron'skid, and part of the grandkids attended a memorial service this morning. Mad Dog didn't quite have a handle on what was going to happen.   When he saw the Vets with their rifles, he asked where the bad guy army would be. :D  I guess he thought he was there to witness a shootout. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Corley5

We left Thursday morning for Bro. Noble's and got back tonight at 8PM with a D13000 Cat engine and a 60" Simmonds saw.  That was one heavy load.  We stopped at the Gateway arch in St. Louis and Meramac Caverns on our way out.  Had a nice visit at Noble's.  Wish we had more time but they were making hay and I had a wheel bearing to tighten on the trailer and wanted to get back to a cooler climate  ;D 8)  It was 68 degrees here when we got home.  I thought I was going to need a jacket after the last five days  :)  We've got to make one more trip this fall to get the husk, blower, log turner and rollers.  I was going to put more on this load and am glad I didn't.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!