iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lube pump has no power on WM LT 40 hydrolic

Started by calvin nelms, February 09, 2020, 07:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calvin nelms

Looking for wire diagram on lube pump. It was working last week. Started it up this week and no lights when switch is on.  I jumped pump out and it works # 19 wire coming from lube pump ties into #250 going to the selector switch but no power. I have checked the fuses in the panel and are good. Is there a permissive on the drum switch for forward so many wires it hard to trace out. I've be thinking about wiring in external power and bypassing the toggle switch and going straight to the pump. Thanks in advance for any help with this. 

terrifictimbersllc

Is this a Lubemizer setup with the intermittent/constant toggle, and the rheostat controlled timer with flashing light? 

what year is your mill?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

First, don't you have a LubeMizer book in your large Wood-Mizer binder?

You checked the fuses in the "panel", did you check the fuses in the LubeMizer control box?

Wire #259 is GND.  Wire #257 is Pump (-).  Wire #251 is Pump (+).  Wire #250 is FWD (2).

You probably should call Wood-Mizer to test out the Timer Control Board.  I have had to replace mine.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

calvin nelms

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 09, 2020, 07:41:52 PM
Is this a Lubemizer setup with the intermittent/constant toggle, and the rheostat controlled timer with flashing light?

what year is your mill?

calvin nelms

It's a 2005 and yes the switch is constant are variable knob

calvin nelms

The light used to blink when it was on variable and stayed on when it was constant 

calvin nelms

Quote from: Magicman on February 09, 2020, 07:49:37 PM
First, don't you have a LubeMizer book in your large Wood-Mizer binder?

You checked the fuses in the "panel", did you check the fuses in the LubeMizer control box?

Wire #259 is GND.  Wire #257 is Pump (-).  Wire #251 is Pump (+).  Wire #250 is FWD (2).

You probably should call Wood-Mizer to test out the Timer Control Board.  I have had to replace mine.
I been looking for the book I have used it in the past for the hydrolic  pump issue last year, I think spring cleaning got it. Got put up somewhere. Yes I checked the fuses in the Lubemizer control box a 5 and 2 amp if I remember right. I tested for voltage coming out of the solid state circuit panel mounted on the back plate but didn't have voltage. I didn't know if a permissive had to make before giving power the selective switch 

calvin nelms

what year is your mill?
Yes it has a selector switch and sorry if I've repeated myself try to get feel of format. It's a 2005 

Magicman

You were close, a 4 and a 2 amp fuses.

Check the wires that I listed above.  #250 is the permissive from the forward control.  You should have +12VDC on wire #251.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Wood-Mizer will email you a pdf of the manual in the morning if you ask them. 

I would call in to Indy, get electrical support, have them(probably Mike E.) walk you through it sounds like you would figure it out quickly. Call them from the mill with your dvm ready. 

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

calvin nelms

what year is your mill?
Quote from: Magicman on February 09, 2020, 09:22:07 PM
You were close, a 4 and a 2 amp fuses.

Check the wires that I listed above.  #250 is the permissive from the forward control.  You should have +12VDC on wire #251.
I have 12 v on #251 when I advance the saw

Magicman

You probably have a bad "Timer Control Board" which means a call to WM, Indy to verify.

calvin nelms

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 09, 2020, 09:23:41 PM
Wood-Mizer will email you a pdf of the manual in the morning if you ask them.

I would call in to Indy, get electrical support, have them(probably Mike E.) walk you through it sounds like you would figure it out quickly. Call them from the mill with your dvm ready
Called and while on hold looked at other comments and for what ever reason had power on #251 plugged it in and pump started working. Can disconnect the discharge side and have water pumping out hook the hose back up and no water out of the spray heads. The line is clear I can blow thru them. Talked to Jason at Indy he said my be a little hole in the diaphram. My not have enough pressure to open the so called check valve ( black with spring) on discharge side of pump are those necessary for the pump to work? When I take the the clear hose off it does put out water and I would think that rest would be gravity feed looking for you thoughts on this and as always thanks in advance  

terrifictimbersllc

There are two check valves. There is a tee on the outlet side of the pump and off that tee one leg goes through a 3 psi check valve through a long piece of 1/4" OD tubing to the metal block which contains the nozzles. Off the other leg of the tee there is a 6psi check valve which goes back to the inlet side of the pump.  In normal use the 3psi valve opens up and lube goes out the nozzles, no flow goes through the 6 psi check valve.

If the nozzles are clogged then the excess pressure opens up the 6psi valve so the pump won't burn up, instead itwould just pump the flow around a circle back to its inlet.

if you disconnect either end of the 1/4" hose (which goes to the nozzles), and things are working properly there will be quite a flow (not just gravity flow) coming out when the pump is pumping.  IF this line is full and disconnected from the block that holds the nozzles, and pumping vigorously, then you hook it back up and no spray comes out of the nozzles then either the nozzles or the block they are attached to is clogged up.  It is common for the nozzles to get clogged when sawing.

The 3 PSI valve coming off the tee on the pump is to keep the system from just dribbling out lube by gravity.

jeepcj779

Here is a link to all (I think) of the Woodmizer manuals. What you need might be in there, and you can email them or save them to a computer or tablet:

Manuals

calvin nelms

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 10, 2020, 01:58:05 PM
There are two check valves. There is a tee on the outlet side of the pump and off that tee one leg goes through a 3 psi check valve through a long piece of 1/4" OD tubing to the metal block which contains the nozzles. Off the other leg of the tee there is a 6psi check valve which goes back to the inlet side of the pump.  In normal use the 3psi valve opens up and lube goes out the nozzles, no flow goes through the 6 psi check valve.

If the nozzles are clogged then the excess pressure opens up the 6psi valve so the pump won't burn up, instead itwould just pump the flow around a circle back to its inlet.

if you disconnect either end of the 1/4" hose (which goes to the nozzles), and things are working properly there will be quite a flow (not just gravity flow) coming out when the pump is pumping.  IF this line is full and disconnected from the block that holds the nozzles, and pumping vigorously, then you hook it back up and no spray comes out of the nozzles then either the nozzles or the block they are attached to is clogged up.  It is common for the nozzles to get clogged when sawing.

The 3 PSI valve coming off the tee on the pump is to keep the system from just dribbling out lube by gravity.
Thanks check all water lines again took pump off and took diaphram off motor looking for a pinhole. Didn't find anything wiped it clean hooked it back up on the suction side plugged it in and it started working. Put it together again and is working like it should. Don't know what I did( I hate that because I like to know how things are fixed) but just wanted to tell this group THANKS for the support I'm glad I found this group, We purchased the sawmill because I lost 115 pines and about 50 red oaks from a hurricane back in 2005 and didn't what to burn all the big trees. We didn't know what we were doing and learned a lot along the way. THANKS to the administrators for allowing me to join. To all have a blessed day.

Magicman

Thanks for the update because it is discouraging to try to help someone and then have them disappear.  We will look forward to your input when someone else needs help.  ;D

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 10, 2020, 01:58:05 PMThe 3 PSI valve coming off the tee on the pump is to keep the system from just dribbling out lube by gravity.

In reading this I now know that my 3 psi check valve is probably leaking and here I was thinking that it was it's prostate.

terrifictimbersllc

Thank You Sponsors!