iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo?

Started by pabst79, April 04, 2015, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidaster

I purchased two CS590's over a year ago, both have done great and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Corley5

My local saw shop is an Echo dealer as well as Jonsered and Dolmar.  I've been looking pretty hard at the Echos.  He's got an 800 on the wall that could be had at a reasonable price  :-\  I've got a couple Echo string trimmers and one is the tool with the interchangeable heads.  They've been real good machines getting a real workout trimming in the vineyard.  I've also used one with the chainsaw pruner head quite a bit around the farm.  I haven't found anything wrong with Echo equipment.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pabst79

So I gave the 800 a good test, I sawed a few cookies out of a 16" dia poplar log. The 800 did it on average in 10.7 seconds, my 048 in 17 seconds and my 026 in 26 seconds. It has tons of torque, and did well when I sunk the spikes in. So far so good!  8)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

CTYank

Quote from: pabst79 on April 10, 2015, 07:45:09 PM
So I gave the 800 a good test, I sawed a few cookies out of a 16" dia poplar log. The 800 did it on average in 10.7 seconds, my 048 in 17 seconds and my 026 in 26 seconds. It has tons of torque, and did well when I sunk the spikes in. So far so good!  8)

Just think, once it loosens up a bit (no rush on that) you should see a much better performance margin. My bet is that you've seen nothing much yet. Hang on for the ride.

Just be sure that the carb is set rich enough on the top-end. Enjoy!
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

pabst79

One thing I forgot to mention is, the whole saw is basically metal, not much plastic except for top cover. The handle and recoil are nice solid metal, steel or alum, not sure? I don't mind a little extra weight if it means its tougher.  :laugh:

21incher

Nice built saw. With my 590 it just kept producing more torque for the first couple of tank fill-ups. Good luck with it.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21ftnitro

Nice saw. Looks like it should be a beast. Im not an expert by any stretch but the 590 i bought seems to be really good.

Cut4fun

Let me know how you like the newer 800P = 8000. They updated the p+c with quads and domed piston. I was wondering what else they updated. 

I have a old one that has out cut 5200 and P61 with 24" bars buried by someone else testing them unbiased.  My 800V was even wearing a 8T with 24" buried.  Didnt even realize I forgot to change it after running a shorter bar years ago till I went top put on the 36" other day. 
Pics showing compared to a 181.

cuterz

I am very happy with my 600p 400 and 306.

ladylake

I have a couple of CS 8000 saws, one old one and one upgraded to the new piston and cylinder.  I think the new P@C took away some of that huge torque the old one has.  I'll have to do some timed cuts to compare.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Cut4fun

Quote from: pabst79 on April 09, 2015, 06:33:40 PM
I went with the 27", I think I may get a 20" for it too. I should have time to give it a good test tomorrow.

So how did it do for a completely stock?  Have to do any carb tuning etc?

pabst79

Quote from: Cut4fun on April 17, 2015, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: pabst79 on April 09, 2015, 06:33:40 PM
I went with the 27", I think I may get a 20" for it too. I should have time to give it a good test tomorrow.

So how did it do for a completely stock?  Have to do any carb tuning etc?

So far, so good. I haven't really stuck her into big stuff yet, maybe this weelend  :D. I have not adjusted carb at all, it doesn't bog a bit in 18-24" poplar or a 18" beech I cut for a neighbor. I have a large red oak that should give it a better test, and will give a report on. I'm happy with the saw so far. :)

Cut4fun

Did it come with 7T rim?  I had a 8T on mine with 24" full comp buried in hardwood with no problems.

I'm back to 7T and 36" now. 

pabst79

Yep, it came with a 7 tooth.

pabst79

I was skeptical that the saw would actually gain a noticeable amount of power, but it did! A buddy and I cut up 2 big red oaks that blew down last year. He has a 460 that has a few mods, it couldn't hold a candle to the 800 Echo, I must say I was surprised and I'm happy with my purchase.  :) 

ladylake

I have a 80cc 7900 Dolmar, 85cc Husky and a CS8000 Echo . Not much difference in cutting speed, the Husky might be 1 second faster in a 20 second cut..  Love that Echo torque.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!