iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw pants

Started by colincb183, September 18, 2017, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colincb183

I've never had a pair of chainsaw protection pants, and I'm getting sick of wearing chaps for cutting full time. So I'm just wondering who has the best. I'm leaning towards Labonville because they're American made and because of the removeable liners. Mostly want to know if they'll be cool in the summer and warm in the winter and looking for overall opinions on them. Also if anybody has any opinions on Husqvarna, Stihl, Swede Pro or any other brands, any input would be appreciated.

BargeMonkey

I've got the heavy weight husqvarna saw pants, not something you want to wear when it's real hot, winter time they are great and pretty warm. Biggest problem I've found is if your working in the mud and slop then they freeze and weigh a ton.

teakwood

hey hey, barge is back!

You need two pairs, a summer and a winter pair.
The winter ones will be cheaper because you can wear almost every brand.
For the hot temps you need a real good pair and not much brands have them, should be light weight, comfortable, air venting fabrics, venting zippers,...

I have the pfanner gladiator cool pants and they are one of the best out there, i highly recommend them!
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=34&item=15417
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Fedge

I like Labonville's. I wear the summer ones year round. The winter ones are to warm for me on most Wisconsin winters days.
A smart man knows a lot, a smarter man knows what he doesn't know.

gman98

Can't help you on the summer pants.  I'm a chaps guy for the summer because I find them to be cooler than the pants.  As for winter, I do not think you can beat the labonvilles.  They are warm and rugged.  I've tried the labonville and big bills, and prefer the labonvilles hands down.  I've also been told the labonvilles blow the foresters out of the water.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Timbercruiser

I have wool chainsaw pants with sown in Kevlar pads . I like wool and they bend really nice. I bought them at Egles sheep farm in Ontario. The wool gets dirty and has to be dry cleaned .  It's very hard to find good ones. The husqvarna ones have no zippers in the ankle for winter boots

David-L

Forestershop.com, four season extreme winter pants are great. Cut and skid all day was 4 degrees when I started and 8 when I ended. Great pants and priced right.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

WoodstockVT

Pfanner makes the best chain saw pants (and jacket, and hard hat) on the market today.  $$$ but worth every penny.  Not all protection is created equal, check the ratings, a lot of the "summer" pants sacrifice rating.

teakwood

Totally agree with you, i'm also a pfanner guy.

The best stuff out there, but prepare to open wallet
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Offthebeatenpath

I've got Pfanner Zermatt chainsaw boots which I love but have Stein lightweight summer pants. They've been great so far. 

X10 on the Labonville winter pants.

Check out Treestuff.com or Wesspur.com for a good selection of summer chainsaw pant options.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Thank You Sponsors!