iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

World Series

Started by sawguy21, November 02, 2016, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

WOW!!! :o Those Cubs just will not give up! Should be a real barn burner tonight as long as the Indians can shake it off and come back with some fight.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodworker9

As a lifelong die hard Cub fan (and former season's ticket holder) I can tell you that the entire city was in a state of shock after being down 3 games to 1, but our "boys of summer" are finally showing the rest of the world why they were the best team in baseball this year.  The past two games, our guys are hitting the ball again, and making the pitcher's throw strikes.  This has been our strength all season long (pitch selection) and I truly believe that the moment had just gotten the best of our young guys.

Last night, you saw a typical Cubs hitting performance, and I'm expecting more of the same tonight.  All season long, the Cubs hitters have adjusted to great pitching (which Cleveland has shown) and I am hoping that tonight, Kluber (pitching for the Tribe) will be in for as rude an introductory as Tomlin got last night.

Only time will tell......5 hours until the party begins around here. 

Here's hoping that a lifetime of waiting pays off.  My dad is 78 years old, the biggest Cubs fan you've ever seen, and I NEED them to win this for him.  He's been struggling, emotionally, all playoff's long, and I hope it goes well tonight for him....and the Cubs.

Thanks for posting.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Jeff

I'm sure rooting for them!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Kinda like the Red Sox 5-6 years ago. But better. No matter which team,it will be good!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

i am normally a braves fan but i am pulling for the cubs :)  maybe they will finally get rid of the goat :o im glad ours dont bring that kind of luck ;D :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

JohnW

4-2, that's not a bad start

sandsawmill14

Quote from: JohnW on November 02, 2016, 09:15:20 PM
4-2, that's not a bad start
did yall see that!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o i called it when  the first guy got on base   ::) believe me im not gloating cause i aint happy :( :( :( :o  tied 6-6 bottom of the eighth

sandsawmill14

sandsawmill14

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) final 8-7 CUBS WIN 8) 8) smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_applause smiley_fiddler smiley_thumbsup smiley_sun ;D

Carson-saws

FANTASTIC World Series!!!! Baseball at its finest....I bet Harry is doing the jig right now!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Farmerjw

Cleveland ought to have donated the MVP award and given a Pontiac GTO as the award!!!! ;D   
It was a great game and could not have been orchestrated better if it were a movie. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

sawguy21

Nobody could have made that up, what a game. :D I was ready to turn the tv off during the rain delay but sure glad I didn't.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

Perfect ending to a great season, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandsawmill14

i normally dont get so worked up over ball games but after the rain delay and the indians score in the 10th i about lost my mind  smiley_dizzy smiley_dizzy i mean completely nuts smiley_dizzy smiley_dizzy :D :D :D  my 14 year old daughter was yelling through the wall to keep up with the score and i ask why she wasnt asleep and she said there no way no one can sleep in this house till that ball game is over :D :D :D the ending to that game was the best i ever seen in the world series and possibly the best in baseball :o   congrats to the cubs and all their fans :) smiley_thumbsup

HolmenTree

That was the best series ever alright, in my memory anyways.
Second best would be the Blue Jay's 2 titles back in the early 1990's.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I didn't have a Goat in the fight but I sure did enjoy the games.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wesdor

I'm not normally a fan, but followed this series.  Fantastic final game, too bad someone had to lose but glad the Cubs won. Cleveland is also a class act. 

We had plans to be in Chicago on other business tomorrow and hope to see some of the parade.

108 years is a long time to wait. 

woodworker9

Two weeks later.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! 

Just coming down off cloud nine.

That was the best world series ever for me and my dad, and we almost didn't make it through that 8th inning.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

sandsawmill14

it was something  :o  i mean after 2 weeks its still being talked about  :) maybe next year will be the indians turn   
( unless the braves are in it ;D ) anyone long as its not the yankees ;)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red

There is a Baby Boom in Chicago after last year's World Series Win . . do the math
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!