iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sticking chainsaws

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, March 29, 2014, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Now I'v been a weekend warrior all my life. Been using chainsaws since I could get one started. So imagine my surprise to stick not one but 2 chainsaws right next to each other! Good thing my ol standby 066 was ready to come to the rescue!  :D

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sawguy21

:D Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Reddog

Nice way to "display" them for a picture.   ;D

OntarioAl

It would make a great "3 Saws For Sale picture"  ;D
Al
Al Raman

Magicman

Maybe not a record, but it's not bad.    smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Do you have a 4th saw for "just in case"?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Crow99

Might have paid to have a couple of wedges with you..

Of course I'm a good one to talk.... I've chained up and pulled stuff apart with my tractor before... and no pics. Too embarrassing.

21incher

Now I can show my wife this pic and explain to her why I need another saw. Thanks. Last one I got stuck like that took my car jack to free.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Onthesauk

I got a farm jack a few years ago that works for that well.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

thecfarm

I have a 40hp tractor with a loader that works for that well too.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

Showed my wife why I need 3 saws
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

LeeB

So, are they Stihl stuck? :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sandhills

I may have left a bar in a tree once, or twice, or..... smiley_dunce

kevin19343

Philbert

Nice thing about most STIHL saws is that you can pull the powerhead to leave just the bar and chain stuck in the wood, and just an carry extra bar and chain to cut yourself out.

+1 on the wedges.

Pilbert

gspren

Quote from: Philbert on March 31, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
Nice thing about most STIHL saws is that you can pull the powerhead to leave just the bar and chain stuck in the wood, and just an carry extra bar and chain to cut yourself out.

+1 on the wedges.

Pilbert

I have found that sometimes after removing the powerhead you can wiggle and free the bar just leaving the chain which sometimes you can then pound a wedge in hitting the chain and getting it out also. That works when you pinched before you were deep enough for a wedge.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Philbert

The other nice thing about pulling the power head is that you usually don't care if the bar and chain drop and hit the ground when they are freed.

With an outboard clutch it is a little bit harder.  I picked up a Granberg Bread-N-Mend tool to carry in the tool box if I have to free an outboard clutch saw.  Have not had to try it yet.

Philbert

Thank You Sponsors!