iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Easy Blazer Brake Repair

Started by Jeff, April 03, 2017, 04:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

There are counter guys at Car Quest that I won't go to.  I'll wait for a good one I know.  One kid didn't give me a long receipt with my company name and no tax.  I've got an account there.  I called him on it and he told me I should have told him in a snippy tone.  I said "listen here you little f####r I'm in here all the time.  You need to pay attention".  He was going to say something else but one of the owners cut him off and straightened things out  ;) ;D  He takes a wide berth when I come in the store now.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

21incher

I have had my best luck buying the parts online from my local NAPA and then pick them up at the store. NAPA gives you a 10% discount and I always get the right parts.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

chet

Quote from: Corley5 on April 07, 2017, 01:47:23 PM
    All that said has anyone ever used http://www.rockauto.com/  ? ???

Being a Yooper I don't get ta choose between too many parts stores.  :D  That being said I have gotten parts from Rock Auto many times. They have a lot more choices when looking at brands, and usually much better prices. And I have yet to get the wrong part shipped.
The local supplier usually don't have the part I need, and I would have to wait for it anyway.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ox

Corley5 - you asked about rockauto.  I've ordered through them quite a few times and I'm very happy with them.  Just don't forget to tally up the shipping as well as the super cheap prices available there.  When I need parts I check them, Amazon and Ebay.  Between all three I've saved thousands of dollars from buying at the stores uptown.
The last for instance is knock sensors and wire harness for v6 Toyota engine.  Somewhere between 4 and 5 hundred at stores and under 100 through ebay and this is for denso parts which is toyota oem supplier and top of the line.  The original parts lasted 17 years in the Florida heat. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

Some people never make a mistake.  ::)
I work in a hardware store. I send people out the door a few times with the wrong part. But in my defense,it is hard to understand how some plumbing items are put together too.  :D When I see that person an hour later,I do try to tell them I am sorry. But they understand because most times the way they explain and the way I understand it,is two diffeant things.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I had no problem with getting the wrong part. It happens, and it happens to me a lot. My problem was this fool this morning that somehow needed to run his trap.  I had to go back this afternoon to turn in my calipers to get my core charge back. As soon as I walked in I got an apology from the man that was waiting on me. He  said that other guy was out of line and he knew it. I somehow think the only way he knew, was it was pointed out when I left.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

That person that had the trap problem should of been the one to apology.
I forgot,some people never make a mistake.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I apologized back as I was loud and I was angry, and there were other customers in there. The good counter guy told me He thought i handled myself well and had nothing to apologize for. I was pretty steamed. I had my Forestry Forum hat and coat on too, and I always try to set a good example when I am representing the Forestry Forum. This was one time I did not.

red

Big Blazer was a K5 in parts books, S10 also meant the pickup truck. To avoid confusion GM switched to Tahoe 2 dr and 4 dr. Sounds like communications are good now .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sandhills

I work at the local salebarn so I'm not only trying to please the buyer but also the seller, that can get tricky and I've had to bite my tongue many times with both.  I don't think your apology was needed but like you said when you're representing a business it should be professional so that's what I try to do, our last sale was really a challenge for me  :D.  I hope you get the brakes going (or stopping) soon. 

Jeff

The Brakes are complete!  Stops quick and stops straight. Now on to the next issue. Whoever put the lift kit in it, never aligned anything. The wheel camber is horrible on the front, so it steers hard in turns. Add in the positive traction and you can imagine. They have the torsion bars cranked up to get the front even with the back, so, it rides pretty rough.  I need to get an alignment before I turn Tammy lose with it. :)

We did take it up town to get an extra set of keys made and some gas in the tank. It does real well in a straight line.  You have to be careful though. With the positive traction and the shift kit, yer squalling the tires unintentionally. Get on the gas at all when taking off and it chirps the tires when it shifts out of first, and the outside tires when turning a corner.

Ox

I'm thinking you might better get a wrench on every single new thing added for the lift.  There are a few safety things that weren't taken care of so who knows what else was skipped over.  All the bolts and nuts and clamps, etc. I would check for tight.  Just sayin'.  I don't trust folks who take shortcuts on safety items like brakes and alignments.  :)
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jeff

Jeff

Actually, I don't think anything was skipped over per say. I think they just were not got to yet. :) 

Ox

Gotcha.  Good news then, everything's just about done and ready.  Always a good feeling.  Just about there with a "new" car for wifey here as well.  Gotta keep momma happy or else ain't nobody happy! 
Not really.  We just needed another vehicle is all... :laugh:
I've enjoyed this thread for the main reason that it takes me back to my youth when I was doing all the truck stuff.  Good memories of a better and simpler time in my life.  Probably in everyone's life for that matter...

red

S10 came with a steering box but there is a performance rack and pinion available for only $1,000.

Ox

Holy crap.  Guess I'd find a junked car and do some cobbing rather than pay that.  A couple days and a little welding and everything would be better for awhile.  Big tires are kinda vague anyways with road feel so a rack probly wouldn't help a whole lot anyways, do ya think?

red

Everything is $1,000 any more . Maybe there is a chance it has a rack already?

red

Also the 1991 GMC Syclone was all wheel drive to reduce tire spin . 35% to front wheels 65% to back wheels. It would be nice to know what transfer case they put in your S10 Blazer.

Thank You Sponsors!