iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Worked on wood for our "Firewood" ministry

Started by Wallys World, February 07, 2019, 06:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Last Saturday we had a "wood day" at our church for our firewood ministry. We had 2 locations, the church wood lot and our house. I only have a few picture from our house but it was a very good day. Before lunch we had a total of 25 people working hard at it. # of those (including my wife) were busy in the church kitchen getting lunch ready. We get wood from all over and most of it comes into the wood lot to be bucked and split. We had 3 splitters running at the church and my processor and a splitter at our place. They split everything at the church lot including 4 pickups full brought in. We did 3 6 x 19 dump trailers full, a 5 x 8 dump trailer full, and the dually and another pickup full. Our wood was all dead either standing or down.

All that was left! We started around 8:30 and I was locking the gate to the shop at 12:30. We have delivered 46 truck loads (which works out to be a face cord) so far. I am running another load in the morning so it is not slowing down yet.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Wallys World

Went to deliver a load this morning and my wife took a couple of pictures at the wood lot.

Hope to make thru another month. We have a lot more to go and get in the coming weeks.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Pulphook

DITTO !

We drive for a program called "At Home Downeast". We unpaid volunteers bring elderly who can't drive, to shop, med appointments, hair salons, etc...
Many want to stay in their homes in this rural part of the world.

Thx for what you do Wally.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

upnut

I've heard it said..."Many hands make light work"...but I don't discount hydraulics! Looks like a great program, keep up the good work.

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Bruno of NH

Good for you.
I give firewood to the Legions veterans heat fund .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ron Scott

~Ron

AZ_builder

Wood Shed

Looks like a great ministry and service for your community.  Have done something similar in our church for an elderly couple that were dealing with health issues and had a recently logged woods.  We cut the tree tops and provided their whole winters supply of firewood in one day.  Keep up the good work.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

Wallys World

Delivered load number 50 today. It still hasn't slowed down.

Thank You Sponsors!