iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Caulked logging boots

Started by JDeere, November 22, 2012, 09:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDeere

Has anybody tried the Viking Black Tusk Ballistic Nylon Boots? I have used the caulked Viking Bushwacker Rubber boots for years but thought about trying the Vikings with the laced leather uppers. I was curious if they have a felt liner or something similar for warmth in the winter? Thanks for any info.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Maine372

i was literally in labonnville less than 30 minutes ago. they have a black friday deal going, 10% off everything other than power equipment.

the leather uppers are bare inside like rubber ones. but theres lots of insoles, liners and socks to go with them. the liners at labonvilles are too thick for me, all i do is sweat in them. harolds had some that were a medium weight that worked better. i need to go see if they still carry them. one guy i worked with wore those leather upper vikings all year mud snow and rain. what they need to do is put a set of hooks on to tie the bottom of thier chainsaw pants to. every time i step in crusty snow the pant leg rides up and my boots fill with snow.

240b

the Nokkia rubber bottom boots are better. You might find them in Canada. Caulk boots are great if you are not running equipment. Other wise forget it. Slick as heck on any hard surface (steel) except ice. plus you'll shred the floor mats in your truck. 

thecfarm

Ask for the 10% whenever you go in. I do. Sometimes I get it,sometimes I don't. I wore those rubber Vikings for just about one year steady. I'm out side just about daily anywheres for 12- 4 hours a day,unless it's down to 14°. I only wear 2 pair of socks and my feet was nice and warm with no liners. I kinda have a hard time with cold feet too.Mine tops broke off the front of the Vikings,I never kept them tied on top.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

I wear the vikings with the insole felts and two pair of socks when it real cold.I don't wear my caulk boots much after jumping up on the skidder one day and almost hung mineself  :D :o .When the tops wear out cut them off and use for rainy days around the house,slip on an off real eazy  8).
Ed K

FFLM

I am very fond of Hoffmans winter caulked boots. They are just steel toes no extra saw protection.  My feet get cold real easy but I have had good luck with them, not real good getting on and off the skidder.  I keep wanting to cut a mud flap to fit the floor of my skidder to see how that would work.
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

JDeere

Thanks for all the good information. I have gotten so used to caulked boots in the winter I would feel funny without them. I bring them to the woods and put them on in the morning and take them off before we head home. I have always worn them running the skidder but as Ed_K said you do have to be careful on getting hung up. I am sure where we will be cutting this winter in Western Maine will colder than my mother in laws heart and the snow will probably be six feet deep by spring if it's a real winter. With the deep snow sometimes the only way you can limb is by walking down the tree. Without the caulks I would kill myself on the slippery trees.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

jocco

Amen on my feet will feel funny with out them and colder than my mother in laws heart!!! ;D ;D
Quote from: JDeere on November 23, 2012, 08:10:06 PM
Thanks for all the good information. I have gotten so used to caulked boots in the winter I would feel funny without them. I bring them to the woods and put them on in the morning and take them off before we head home. I have always worn them running the skidder but as Ed_K said you do have to be careful on getting hung up. I am sure where we will be cutting this winter in Western Maine will colder than my mother in laws heart and the snow will probably be six feet deep by spring if it's a real winter. With the deep snow sometimes the only way you can limb is by walking down the tree. Without the caulks I would kill myself on the slippery trees.
You may check out but you will never leave

01crewcab

You may also want to check out Whites. They make a pac with a felt liner and corks.
2100(2),480, 281, 181,372XPW, 460,435,350,61(4),51-Huskys
49SP, 630Super(3),670's(4), 830, 920, 930 Jonsered's
S-XL925 Homelite
SP125C, 790, 250, 1010 Macs
27Ton Troybilt Splitter
NRA Life Endowment Member
Viet Nam Vet

Thank You Sponsors!