iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2008 E-Classic 2300 Leaking

Started by stratford 50, November 06, 2015, 07:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratford 50

My e-classic 2300 has developed a 2 inch horizontal crack and is leaking water, I had a very experienced welder try to make a repair and the metal is so thin is just blows right through. Dealer wants pictures for Central Boiler, they have been sent and waiting for response. I really like how this furnace works and after a steep learning curve it did the job.

I would appreciate some feedback from 2400 owners if they are happy and if they would purchase another Central Boiler or would they opt for a different make & model, Thanks Paul

Logging logginglogging

WOW, Were did the crack develop?
If you get a chance I would love to see the pictures of it aw well.
You really got me worried now....

stratford 50

The crack is on the right side as facing the boiler about 3 inches from the door and 2 inches long in the bend just above where the brick were installed. I took some pictures but can't really see it. Tried to weld that aint happening, I set a new 2400 in its place today.

doctorb

I scrutinized the 2400 while I was "browsing" at my dealer.  A completely different machine than your 2008 2300. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

stratford 50

There are quite a few changes since 2008, Many improvements that needed to be done. Should be up & running by the weekend.

patvetzal

When a 5/16" thick boiler vessel shows a pinhole leak on the "dry" side you normally find that the "wet" side has an eroded area the size of a quarter. The weldor needs to replace that whole area in order to seal the leak so it will last. The type of rod will make a difference as well.

stratford 50

The material is 1/16 or less and who's to say I make a patch repair and it just starts leaking somewhere else. Didn't want to go through the winter always wondering when the leak is going to happen.

thecfarm

That is too bad. Out with the old,in with the new.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

firechief

Stratford,

Curious to know if CB took care of you in any way warranty wise ?

stratford 50

I would need to send it back to the factory, $600.00 shipping $150.00 for inspection and from what one dealer told me estimate $3500.00 for a complete re-furbish. I have seen an e- classic 2008 vintage 2300 that has been refurbished and it looked like an excellent repair was done. Not sure length of repair time but with winter right around the corner I didn't feel comfortable waiting.

Logging logginglogging

I guess you can get it referbed and sell it now... or have a spare...

Thank You Sponsors!