iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Quotes or sayings from Texas

Started by Go-fer-wood, January 04, 2016, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go-fer-wood

The Texas Quote of the Day:
"Then there's the story of a young Texas lad in Sunday School who was asked to name the birthplace of Jesus. He guessed Gladewater, Mount Pleasant, and Bonham. When told the answer was Palestine, he said "I knew it was in East Texas somewhere."
------ "The Truth About Texas," Lewis Nordyke, 1957
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

starmac

True Texan, on a side note, I have not heard tarkington Prairie mentioned in years, a lot of years. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Go-fer-wood

Quote from: starmac on January 04, 2016, 10:03:38 PM
True Texan, on a side note, I have not heard tarkington Prairie mentioned in years, a lot of years. lol

I'm surprised you have heard of it at all.  ;D After all your a fer piece from here.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

starmac

Born and bred in Texas, just went on a walkabout a few years back. lol

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Does this place Texas you speak of, have a football team?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Texas Ranger

every place in Texas has a football team!  Some just may be in another town!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 04, 2016, 10:50:01 PM
every place in Texas has a football team!  Some just may be in another town!

:D

starmac

Shoot man, Dallas had a team for a few years, heck Houston even had a team one year.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: starmac on January 04, 2016, 11:13:29 PM
Shoot man, Dallas had a team for a few years, heck Houston even had a team one year.

All jokes aside, Texas takes its High School football programs just like they were pro teams.

starmac

I have always liked high school football, not so much with pro. I quit keeping up with pro football when Dallas got rid of their team. lol

Go-fer-wood

"Football is to Texas what religion is to a priest."-Legendary Cowboy's Coach Tom Landry.

dgdrls

I still thinks it's odd that its called Football (American Football) ???  Consider
the majority of the time the ball is not moved by contact with the foot but rather carried
passed or pitched by hand.

Dan

1styear

I live in Oklahoma and it is the same with High School football.  When Oklahoma and Texas college teams play each other, it doesn't matter what their records are; it is always a good game to watch.
Know just enough to be dangerous.

Thank You Sponsors!