iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

We had another -10° morning here, now it's going on 10:00 and the mercury is 2° up on the hot side of Zero!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

We're sitting around 50 today,  but back to 65 tomorrow and then 70 on Tuesday... no glaciers down this way.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

4° is not much fun. Got some wood and had fun watching the dog run around too. She has a coat on too. She is on her pillow,outside,with her coat on. We have the inside door open,and we have a full glass storm door,so all she has to do is jump on it and I will get up and let her in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We got 2½ inches of snow yesterday, then another inch starting shortly after dark, then earlier this morning it started raining!  Not so much a "real rain", just a good bad misting!

I hate when it does this, but it's one of those things that come with the territory!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

We had about an inch of snow,yesterday,into last night. One of them storms,snows all day and we get an inch.
Yes,Chuck,that rain is heading my way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

It's 40° here now, with a stiff wind!

Snow is melting, and I just had a good base going for driveway snow removal! ::)

thecfarm

The snow shall return.
I have not had enough for a base. And yet is the key word. It's a coming. Might be like last year. I was getting firewood up until about mid January. Not much snow.

SwampDonkey

Some snow started here around noon and was done by dark, but not much to it. They said rain sometime.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Crusarius

I just wish the ground would freeze so I can get the manure into the garden without ruining my yard. I think I need to make a go round to avoid having to drive through the yard.

Andries

Shortest "sunlight day" of the year.
Where we are here in Canada, today is 8 hours shorter than our longest day!
-20° F today, the ground is covered with 6 " of snow, the ground is frozen to about 16" depth.
It's all normal for The Great White North.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

chevytaHOE5674

Bare ground like roads and where it's plowed its froze down to 12"+ according to the road commission. But under the 12-36 inches of snow it's still soft as can be and completely unfrozen. It's also not uncommon for us to have thawed ground all winter long under our deep snow cover.

SwampDonkey

12F this morning, 22 was the warmest point today, sunny. Sunny tomorrow, a lot colder I think. 6" snow probably so far. Not froze all that deep yet. In the woods here I've never seen it freeze deep, I've seen roads built here in February in the woods, not froze deep at all. Now out in a potato field or the drive way, it can go 4 feet. But I have planted trees in the ground in April lots of times, even in grassy field. My father planted wheat in late April many years, but not every year. The last few years, our springs have been on the cold side and our falls too hot and on the dry side.

thecfarm

As you know all that litter on the ground,in the woods,will keep the warmth in. My Father and me was working on a side hill with a tractor with snow on the ground.He wanted to dig into the hill a little. No problem digging it out a little. The snow will keep the ground from freezing too.
The next couple days will be a mess. Snow,than freezing rain,than rain. Snow would be much easier.

thecfarm

Snow started around noon yesterday. It's still a coming down. It's a fine snow,maybe 6 inches. It is 14°.

SwampDonkey

Only had a stray flurry here so far since sunset. The deer were around checking the cedar and the cranberries. They are sneaky.  ;D :D

Chuck White

Snow started late in the night, night before last and quit around 2:00PM yesterday!

Just light and fluffy stuff, we ended up with 3½ inches again, bringing our snowfall total this season to 27½ inches!

This morning we have very fine ice crystals in the air, kind of looks like fog, temp is 14°F!

EDIT:  Just went outside for a minute, and it's not ice crystals in the air, we're getting a little bit of Freezing Rain

According to the Weather Guessers, only supposed to amount to 1/10 of an inch, but that's enough to be bad!

Be careful out there!

Crusarius

yea been raining here since last night :( so much for snowmobiling over Christmas :(

snowstorm

Got 5"last nite at 6am it turned to lite freezing rain. It says the temp will come up. Let's hope so the salt can do it's job. Monday 8 to 12 with snow fall rates of 1 to 3" per hr.

chevytaHOE5674

I haven't had to plow snow in 3 days now I'm not sure what to do with all the extra time. Yesterday the temp climbed into the mid 20s but going forward it isn't supposed to get much above zero for a while.

Woodcutter_Mo

29°F this morning, we had gotten a much needed rain last night, rained about 1.5" and turned to snow early this morning. Woke up with about 2" of snow on the ground. Hard to believe it was 70°F just two days ago.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

thecfarm

Rain,freezing rain. Whatever it is,it's a mess.

SwampDonkey

Dry snow here so far, but it has warmed 10 degrees to around 25 now.

Chuck White

Anyone who is getting freezing rain, wait until it is all done before you plow your driveway, that way you get rid of the snow that's under the ice, and the ice too!

curdog

Visiting my parents today and dad's thermometer is reading 69. Put a light coat on and took it off before I got to the truck....and shorts wouldn't be out of the question....

Thank You Sponsors!