iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

So far I missed the storm,well snow. The wind is blowing pretty good. They was posting a high wind alert for Augusta. That's not much more than a ½ hour from me. I worked out side for most of the day. It felt warm out,wind and all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It was actually not a bad day here until mid afternoon. I took a road trip following the river roads along the St John and the Tobique and stopped in at a saw shop to pick up some nice brush saw operator's goggles. These are the best screen ones I've seen yet, and picked up two pairs. They are also great for keeping the flies out of your eyes to. Had an inquiry from the shop owner about the RAV4, told him it's on trade for a new truck and he wants the RAV4. :) I almost had to walk home. :D

The screened goggles. :)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

All the flies are gonna run away from the bigger bugeyes. ;D

SwampDonkey

On the strap the word Bugz is written. They best bugger off. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

79 and sunny, then cloudy, then sunny again with blowing grit.  :-\  Digging with the backhoe today at least half of each bucket blew away,  probably in Kansas by now. All you easterners will be getting a dose of lime and nutrients blowing out of the sw deserts.... :snowball:

Storms a comin'.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

Sun and +25 I think I will have all of next years firewood all cut and piled to day  8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter is in a heat wave. I only have 14 at this time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

9F here and has gotten colder since daylight. We had next to nothing for snow from the storm, the driveway is bare. Just have to clean the mail box out. Where are these 30's for temps they predicted after the storm? I severely doubt it. They are way off again.

PEI got 2 feet in Charlottetown as well as some of NS.

Magicman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 26, 2014, 06:04:30 PMHad an inquiry from the shop owner about the RAV4, told him it's on trade for a new truck and he wants the RAV4. 
I'll be in my truck today, but my normal runabout is my RAV4.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

73 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

My temp here is 32. But that wind is making if feel like 20.

SwampDonkey

Only 22 F here, and that is one wicked wind out of the west. The plow makes 2 or 3 passes every time it goes above the house.

thecfarm

We went to the Big City today,Auburn. We go the back way and there are some open fields and the wind will make some drifts with the snow. We are some lucky. The last snow storm we had about a foot,but that settled down to about 4-6 inches by the afternoon. Kinda got a crust on it,so there is not much snow to blow around. Or there would of been ALOT of snow in the roads. I could not even see where they was plowing the drifts back the last few days.
I have to cut up some hemlock slabs for the wife to boil down some sap. Suppose to have rain showers tomorrow. Could rain a little,could rain alot. never know with showers.

isawlogs

Snowing   :snowball:   -10°C  What more can I saye, its still winter till tomoarow, then spring will spring into action.  smiley_thumbsup
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on March 27, 2014, 11:24:04 AM
73 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
that's not wright can we send him to the wood shed  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) :laugh: :laugh:

SwampDonkey

It did recover some more to 28F today and less wind now.

chevytaHOE5674

Heavy wet snow has been falling for a few hours. Couple inches so far and calling for a couple more tonight.

SwampDonkey

Suppose to get hit with snow and rain here tomorrow.

thecfarm

I went out to cut some hemlock slabs for the wife to boil some sap and by the time I got out there the wind had slow down and it turned out to be a nice afternoon. I did not come in until 6 for supper. Rain and snow here too. Does not sound like much snow,than it will warm and start to rain. I will have to cover up the sap wood.  ;D

bobby s

Nice day to be out scrounging around for standing dead to get me through the rest of the year. 32 degrees at noon with sun. Work was done on snowshoes as snow depth measures between 24 and 32 inches. Hoping to be able to get the atv back in the woods soon to save some mileage on the feet :D

chevytaHOE5674

Maybe about 5" of snow so far and calling for another 3-5" tonight. Then a few nice days and more rain/snow for next week.

thecfarm

Boy chevy,you don't get a break at all.

chevytaHOE5674

Just keeps on coming.

Magicman

Heavy rain tonight & no work tomorrow.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Yup, very heavy thunderstorms all night.   :o 

Thank You Sponsors!