iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Shuts everything down doesn't Peter?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I think the next storm will only hit maine hard. This will be Saturday evening.The edge of ME-NH may only get a few inches and than from there it goes up to a foot and maybe more as the storm goes along the Maine coast. I might get 3-6 inches.
There is a snowmoble race in Turner,ME,about a ½ hour from me. Just the old ones,the One Lungers.Seem like last year the track turned to mud. Looks like a good year this time. Lots of snow and below freezing temps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

A little bit after that spit of rain it started snowing again here, been snowing all day and couldn't see very far just before dark. So it's still snowing alright. Don't know how much we got, never even went out the door.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Well the snow came through and I got ripped off, only five inches. Other parts of the county got 8-10 . Stopped by 1100 yesterday and it was sunny and I was wading the river fishing by 4.  I wish it would snow real good or dry up one.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 14, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
Shuts everything down doesn't Peter?  :)

I spent all day moving it around. the snow was so wet it was blue  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mesquite buckeye

85, sunny and yummy. Relatives from Michigan are all smiles sitting in the sun in T shirts. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 14, 2014, 09:33:22 PM
85, sunny and yummy. Relatives from Michigan are all smiles sitting in the sun in T shirts. ;D

All this talk of sun 85 ° and no pics. At lest it would be nice to see it. If it's true :D ;D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

Temp is down to -18° and steadily dropping... Brrrr

thecfarm

18 for a low,23 now. I was shocked to see 18 through the night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

They were calling for nine degrees but here at our place it was 17  when I got up at five thirty. Calm out so its a pretty nice winter day.
Bill

chevytaHOE5674

Electronic thermometer doodad says it dropped down to -22° sometime in the night. When I got UP at 6:30 it had "warmed" to -5°. Supposed to get into the teens today and snow this afternoon, "that could become significant" according to the NWS.

There was a nice looking warm UP predicted for most of this coming week through the end of the 10 day forecast. Now that has been dropped to 3 days near or slightly above freezing and then by Friday back to teens and below zero.

SwampDonkey

18 here now, sunny. About 12" snow from last night. Wore the blower out, time for a new one. Old one, spare parts. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

89 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Photos soon. ;D ;D ;D

coxy

just shoveled the snow off my dads roof all 28in of it  and its snowing like crazy again is it ever going to stop    the temps not to bad out only have to fill the owd 2 times a day now 8) 8)

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 15, 2014, 10:57:14 AM
89 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Photos soon. ;D ;D ;D
no photos of you in a bikini :o under a palm tree please :D :D :D 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Your loss. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Peter Drouin

Inn for lunch, +40 and cloudy. going out to play with the W stuff  ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

ancjr

25f, sunny.  Busted my butt real good while cleaning the driveway.  I'm ready to go juggling cacti with MB as long as there is no ice or snow involved.  :)

thecfarm

I heard snowmobiles today. We have a trail that is below and above the house. This is only the second time I heard them this year. Lack of snow kept them off the trails.

mesquite buckeye

Ahhhh Winter. ;D

Wife's parents from Michigan are happy :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Time for a party and cookout. ;D ;D ;D

Magicman

I do not know what the temperature here was today but it was absolutely beautiful sawmilling weather.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

And a good time had by all.  :) More snow coming tonight, saying another foot of it. ;D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 15, 2014, 07:19:06 PM
Ahhhh Winter. ;D

Wife's parents from Michigan are happy :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Time for a party and cookout. ;D ;D ;D

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Chuck White

Here, on Wednesday the Wx Man predicts a warming trend to start, and by Friday it's supposed to hit 45°.

Almost time to tap the trees!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!