iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Just started to snow. Very fine,can hardly see it,33°,should get up in the high 30's and rain. One dry day and back to snow and rain. Maybe that sap will flow this week. Will freeze each night and be in the high 30's and low 40's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with about 8" of heavy snow and now the temp is only 16°. But at least the skies are clear and the sun is coming up.

SwampDonkey

Flurries in the air and 24F this morning. Got some warming to do for any rain. ;D

See some sap pales hung this week, getting ready. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Spring is definitely coming in, the 10 day forecast only has one day where the low is going to reach the 30's . One day this week the low is going to be 58. Oh I dread the hot summer already.

mesquite buckeye

77 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

+35 and rain , sharpen 15 blades this morning had lunch and now going to the mill shed and tune up the super. 8) 8)
I hope it rains hot water  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

It's 35 here to, but it ain't rain'n.  >:(

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Will have a light rain for about 15 minutes,all done until the next hour. Been off and on all day like that,We are boiling sap. Cloudy,cloudy here. Something might happen tonight,2 inches of snow? Than rain tomorrow and I think it will rain steady. I tapped 2 more trees and the sap could not wait to get out of the trees.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Actually it hasn't snowed much at all, next to nothing. But tomorrow is forecast to be sunny up here and warm. Storm on Sunday.  ::)

Chuck White

42° here and sap is just starting to run.

Tomorrow should be a good day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I wonder where the Canadian geese are? The field that they usually stop at still has 2 feet of snow on it. It's a field a farmer plants with corn.Not much for them to eat now. That was the end of the field I saw the eagles in.

Alcranb

It's been hovering at the 50° mark most of the day. The winds been howling all afternoon and the sky has been threatening rain.
The ice went out on my irrigation pond earlier this week and a pair of geese promptly took up residence leaving their bombs all over the place  :o
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

SwampDonkey

Couldn't have been very thick ice. The ice on the rivers here is 6+ feet thick. Take more than a week to melt, that's for sure. :D

Jim_Rogers

Very short rain shower came through a few minutes ago, while I was loading a 8x8x12 hemlock timber onto a small car roof rack for the customer. I told him it weighed 187 lbs and his rack is rated for 200 lbs. He said it would be alright. We'll see how he made out when he comes back for a 6x6x14 piece of spruce. He wants to put that on the roof rack along with some 2x4x10s and some boards. I've got to get a picture of this load for the record books and the FF.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Must be a Toyota. I've hauled all kinds of hardwood lumber in the RAV4, up to 8/4 stock. :D

Jim_Rogers

I'll let you know. 50°F here now, was 60 earlier. I had to take off my long sleeve undershirt, I got hot.....

Jim Rogers

thecfarm

Jim, with only 13 pounds to spare,I wonder how the frost heaves treated the roof rack?  ;D  That sure would give the rack a good jolt. If I tried something like that it would all end up in a heap on the ground and someone would put all the action on youtube.
About the oddest thing I ever saw,I passed a truck with one round bale of hay. Just a little further down the road I came to a stop light. Off to the right was another round bale of hay in the street.  :o

Jim_Rogers

Well, in the lite rain we loaded one 6x6x14, (6) 1x12x10' pine boards and (6)2x4x10s, again on the roof racks. I didn't get a chance to pull out my phone to snap a picture, but the time I figured the bill he was all strapped down. And after he paid me I took my raincoat off and he was gone.....
sorry no picture today, and I didn't even see if it was a RAV4 or not.

Jim Rogers

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

SwampDonkey

Magicman

The weather guy is showing us with mid to upper 70's every day for the next week. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Bye bye white stuff. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Chuck White

We've had low 40's most of the day and it's still 43° and raining here.

Sap started running, not fast, but at least it's running!

Should be a good afternoon's gathering tomorrow!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Had some rain tonight, but nothing steady. The long slow melt. :snowball:

Peter Drouin

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 28, 2014, 06:26:00 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 28, 2014, 06:22:28 PM
+ 70 and rain ;D

That's just fowl language. :D :D

Well I can hope  :D :D :D And next weekend the snow in Maine had best be gone for the Wood Mizer open house :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!