iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

It snowed.  It blowed.  Snow.  O'er.  The road. 

I'm a poet and didn't know it.  It was about time I made a rhyme.

I hate winter.

Ox
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sawguy21

I am getting tired of plowing the yard and 300' of driveway.  :(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Peter Drouin

8° and 10" of snow.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

My thermometer says -1 my friend about 15 miles away says -7.  Aboot 4" of snow yesterday eh
Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

It's +6° here this morning, with no new snow!    ::) :snowball: :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

Snowing good and steady for a while now.  Lake effect snow machine blowing across the finger lakes is hitting us dead on.  I hate winter.  Snow and winter didn't used to bother me too bad.  The older I get and the sicker I get the more it's bothering me.  Yes, I'm accepting it.  No, I'm not liking it.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

rjwoelk

Stuck in dryden wa. Passes all closed. Been here since Thursday noon.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

curdog

Mid 40s yesterday, mid 50s today 70 tomorrow and 80 by Sunday.

thecfarm

2 above. That wind was strong this afternoon. Better now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

12* and starting to snow...again

SwampDonkey

-11F here this morning. We had 4" night before and wind blew snow all day. Nice full moon this morning.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I'd say we surpassed the read 1,000,000 times mark. Cfarm is looking for a prize now. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

4 above this morning.2 more than last night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

looks like a big snow and a big blow. if you add up what the nws says there will be 30"

curdog

The truck thermometer was hanging out around 77 today and a good breeze this afternoon. Spent the morning clearing fire lines for a upcoming burn  (hopefully this week) , and the afternoon chasing fires around the county. Clear one and head to the next. Hopefully it's over for today. A little warmer and breezier tomorrow.

thecfarm

We're gonna get it.  :'( :'(   Looks like about 18-24 inches. That will slow us down some. Them snow bankens will grow some than.
Have about 6 inches of snow now. It was real light. Good thing no wind. 10°

snowstorm

they are saying winds to 50 kts close to the coast. you poor guys in the south miss out on all this fun

4x4American

Quote from: Ox on February 10, 2017, 10:57:40 AM
Snowing good and steady for a while now.  Lake effect snow machine blowing across the finger lakes is hitting us dead on.  I hate winter.  Snow and winter didn't used to bother me too bad.  The older I get and the sicker I get the more it's bothering me.  Yes, I'm accepting it.  No, I'm not liking it.

Just ten more years eh
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Quote from: thecfarm on February 11, 2017, 06:19:58 PM
We're gonna get it.  :'( :'(   Looks like about 18-24 inches. That will slow us down some. Them snow bankens will grow some than.
Have about 6 inches of snow now. It was real light. Good thing no wind. 10°

Yea them snow bankens gonna grow...I heard my neighbor cussing trying to push his frozen banks back with his wheeler, along with bangs and booms.  So I fired up the ole john deere and promptly got it stuck trying to help him, on the side of a 55mph rd on a curve.  No good deed goes unpunished, but with a little bit of willpower and some help from above I was able to use the bucket and diff lock to push myself out after a while.  My front right tire fell into the culvert...deep culvert.  Two wheel drive tractors are for southerners!  I do have chains and the tires are loaded.  If not I would have been calling up one of my buddies to bring their backhoe...
Boy, back in my day..

Ox

Quote from: 4x4American on February 11, 2017, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: Ox on February 10, 2017, 10:57:40 AM
Just ten more years eh
That's right!  :laugh:  I guess some of my ranting has gotten you a thinkin' a little too, huh?

snowstorm

sounds like a real noreaster coming. the low hitting the bench mark in the gom and bombing out. snow fall rates of 2to4" per hr high winds. sounds like the winter before last

Ox

Snowing like crazy - I'll have to plow again after just doing it a few days ago.  Looks like around a foot of snow here on the mountain while I bet the valleys and hollers got half that maybe.  It's a whole nother world up here - the weather literally changes halfway off the mountain.  Someday I'll get pics up of where we live.  You wouldn't be able to guess if it was WV, KY, PA, etc.  Steep mountains and hollers just like all the rest of the Appalachians.  Love my mountains, hate my state.  ::)

SwampDonkey

Bright and sunny here, but snow tonight they said.

coxy

this weather is bs got about 18in then we got a little rain and made pushing the snow a little hard on my old plow truck and she puked a rod  >:(

Ljohnsaw

A week ago, got about 10 feet of snow.  Then last Wednesday and Thursday got 13 inches of rain.  That compressed it down to 6 or 7 feet of heavy stuff.

The truck box is 8 feet high and about a foot off the ground :-\

I should be able to get to work on my cabin by the 4th...

of July! :'(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!