iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

The freezing rain stopped a little after Noon, and changed to light snow, then around 3:00 the snow was coming down fast and as I type this, it's still coming down heavy!

I should have somewhere between 4 & 6 inches of snow to plow in the morning!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

We had a sleet for awhile, but didn't seem to be freezing rain as there was nothing sticking. Then I believe it went back to snow and I think it was over before midnight. Time will tell in the morning what is ever on the driveway. Doesn't look like it was much of a storm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Just about rained,freezing rain all day long yesterday. Might of got 4 inches of snow. Pumpkin can walk on the crust.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

5-6 inches of snow overnight and its still coming down, calling for another foot or so by tomorrow afternoon. If the guessers forecast holds true by the time 2018 arrives we will have had over 100" of snowfall.....

JV

Started snowing here early this morning.  They are predicting up to 9 inches by tonight.  First heavy snow of the season for us.  White Christmas for the grandkids.  It can melt Tuesday.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SwampDonkey

Ended up it turned warmer after I was to bed and what there was was 1 inch of crust. I had to take the steel shovel and break it up, then haul it away with the big scoop. A good morning workout for 1hr and a half. :D

Snow on the way for tomorrow. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Grizzly

-25°C and blowing. Wind chill effective temp is -39°C. Brrrrr.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Chuck White

We got another 3½" of snow during the night!

Only 22° here this morning, not too bad, but that wind is a little "sharp", probably down around Zero factoring in the wind-chill!

I'll go out after breakfast and clean out the driveway again!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Merry Christmas.
Snowing here now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

The snow has held off so far today, but I know it is coming.  :snowball:

Chuck White

Well, so much for that!

Thought about getting dressed to go out and clear the snow, looked out the window and we are getting blasted again, so the driveway can wait!

Visibility here is around 500 feet!

Snowing pretty heavy and the wind has come up pretty good too!

We'll see what happens!

chevytaHOE5674

Another 6 inches last night and the temp dropped below zero with a strong wind making it feel double digits below zero. With that strong wind the lake effect snow is piling up, calling for another foot today into tomorrow.  Currently the visibility is down to 20 feet at times, it's ugly out. Cattle moved deep into the brush and trees to escape the weather.

thecfarm

Chuck,than less 500 feet here. I can't see the road.

Andries

Wow, wow.
The amount of snow you folks have to move is staggering!
Hang in there you hard working folks, and if you can, work smarter not harder.
We've got crystal clear skies, sunshine and some wind with cold Temps.
It all adds up to a crisp -42°
Happy Christmas everyone!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

Snow has started here.  :snowball:

thecfarm

wowsa!! We got some snow. Not use to getting this much snow so quick.  ;D  Seem like now it snows all day and we get 4 inches. I went out around 6am with just about enough to cover the ground. I went back out,4 hours later to feed the chickens,and now we have about 4 inches. That's about an inch an hour.

sandhills

We just have a couple inches here, enough to call it a white Christmas I guess, it can start melting after midnight if it wants to  :D.  Over cast and a nice balmy 8* this morning, Merry Christmas everyone!

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Andries on December 25, 2017, 09:32:26 AM
Wow, wow.
The amount of snow you folks have to move is staggering!

For us this is nothing. Not too many years ago we got 60 inches of snow in about 60 hours, it was crazy. That was the one time i was thankful i had a snowblower for the tractor.

thecfarm

We are trying,I said trying,to watch the Disney parade.
Not having much luck between the commercials and the channel keeps coming on with blizzard warning. It's not the best of weather out there. Snow is not a big deal,but add some wind in there,might be 30-50mph,than more than an inch an hour and I'm glad to be home.

goose63

Anderies close that gate will ya 15 below here 40 below wind chill
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Looks like the 2017 Christmas Blizzard is over. Might even see the sun around 4.  :o Much diffeant weather than what it was around 10am.

chevytaHOE5674

Sun... whats that....? haha. When I look up all i get is a face full of snow.

Just heard on the radio the temp is -4° and the windchill is -21°. It's pretty ugly that's for sure. Makes it a real bummer for any traveling and get togethers on Christmas.

SwampDonkey

We won't see the sun until tomorrow morning, can't barely see next door.  :D

Hilltop366

10° C and blowing 110 k, cooling down and clouding over fast.

Andries

Goose - our gate has been closed since October. Musta got some holes in it or somthin'. Are Gearbox and Barbell in MN. enjoying the crisp breeze too?
Minus 40 degrees isn't too cold for my kids and grandkids - they're pestering me to go tobogganing tonight.
Might hafta break out my goose-down :-) pants!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!