iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

We probably got 4/10" all week and most was from Friday night into Saturday. Monday to Thursday were dry days, but some sprinkles now and again and cloudy all week. Like the cool weather, but they say we are gonna warm up this week some. We'll see because they never guessed anything right for the last month. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

I cut a hay field last week to try out the equipment, where I usually get 26-30 bales off the field I got 12 this year. Luckly I have excess hay ground, which means I will have enough hay for myself but most likely won't be selling near as much as I usually do if I sell any.

Patty

It is SO dry here. The corn is curling, my garden is so dry that several seeds won't even germinate. My popcorn patch has not even had one little plant come up. And the wind! Good grief, 30 mph winds today, 92 degrees, gust up to 45 mph, just like yesterday. Any plants that are actually up are getting shredded by the wind. We have a chance of rain tonight, and just to make sure it happens I washed my car and Norm's pick-up this afternoon!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

snowstorm

sunny and 70 on the coast of maine. ran the boat from belfast to camden then across the bay and between 700 acre island and ilesboro. the island of the rich and famous movie stars. kirsti alley and john travolta have estates on ilesboro

thecfarm

I think it rained Tuesday night into Wed. Got about an inch. Another wonderful stretch of sun is coming our way. Days are long now. Not getting dark until 9.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

97* yesterday with 30mph wind and over 100 today plus DRY DRY DRY.  We can't buy a rain and boy are the crops and pastures showing it  :-\

Norm

93° with a 37mph wind over here. I've never seen the crops look so bad this early in the growing season due to drought.

snowstorm

bangor maine clear and 70

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Norm on June 18, 2012, 04:32:30 PM
93° with a 37mph wind over here. I've never seen the crops look so bad this early in the growing season due to drought.

Not good Norm...Can you irrigate?
Here in Western Montana, it has been cool and wet. My oat crop needs some sunshine and a little more heat. Same with the hay.  Today, we had a high of 56. I am just concerned that Ma nature is going to shut down the faucet and then turn the thermostat to bake.
Colorado is already on fire.    With a wet spring we get some strong undergrowth...if it turns to heat and no rain, we end up with ideal forest fire conditions later in the summer/early fall.

thecfarm

Was a cold cloudy day to start with here. I even had to put a sweatshirt on first thing in the mornining.Than the sun came out about 1:00 and warmed up to 70. But that will change about Wed. Suppose to be in the 90's. The water has finally stopped running in the wet hole. Water is still standing there but can no longer see it running into it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Unfortunately our land is too hilly to use irrigation on. Of course next year I'll be complaining about how wet it is!  :D

Going to be 92° with strong winds again today with a slight chance of rain on Wednesday. My buddy and I cut hay yesterday just to make sure we get some.  ;D

Roxie

I hope you get rain, Norm.  This spring has been ideal for crops in our area.  Dry enough to plant, and rain enough to thrive.  The farmers in this area are on third cut hay already. 

Say when

sandhills

Glad to hear someones getting good weather Roxie, I just started replanting beans this morning, the first planting fried  :-\.  We have good chances of rain tonite and tommorrow so maybe we can get lucky.  our first cutting hay was horrible and we haven't had any rain since then so second will be worse.

WDH

I can definitely relate.  The last two years here have been terrible.  This early summer so far has been better.  Not good, but better.  Not good is better than a disaster, which is what we have had.  The poor trees, much less the crops, can only take so much stress.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I am seeing several Oaks that either were too dry last year or maybe this Spring.  Anyway, there are many Oaks that did not or only partially leafed out this year.  Not good.

I just finished sawing a beetle SYP job today.  Landowners trying to salvage something.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Was 89 here today, Dang hot, including the deer flies.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodhauler

Seen 97 in woolwich maine at 2 and when i unloaded at verso in jay maine it said a even 100 on my truck thermometer!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

went out on the boat tonite. 93 in belfast 8 miles out it must have dropped 15 degrees. saw a spruce tree floating bout 8"dia 30' long roots an all tangled in lobster gear

Autocar

95 here in westcentral Ohio today seems like we can't win for losing. Eather its to wet or to dry,there calling for a chance of rain tomarrow and we need it bad right though this area. Wheat is coming off its probably three weeks early but looks real good and now there no tilling beans in behind the baler. Now it's a waiting game for moisture.
Bill

thecfarm

We just went through a warm spell. I know it's nothing like some of you guys have. Was up in the 90's quite a bit. Some afternoons were the high 90's. The wife got up in the night to close the windows last night,was 64°. Looks like rain for Monday.

sandhills

IT RAINED!  8) 8) 8) got an inch here in town hope we got more at the farm but I'm not gonna be greedy  ;).

Roxie

That is wonderful news!   8)
Say when

Norm

Glad to hear it Pat!

We got some sprinkles but since we're right in the middle of hay I'm not too bummed.

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on June 20, 2012, 08:28:46 PM
went out on the boat tonite. 93 in belfast 8 miles out it must have dropped 15 degrees. saw a spruce tree floating bout 8"dia 30' long roots an all tangled in lobster gear
Should have pulled it in ,may have caught supper!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

SwampDonkey

Has rained hard at times here in the night and this morning, about 8/10".

Thank You Sponsors!