iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

Quote from: nativewolf on May 22, 2020, 04:46:23 PM
@stavebuyer Now that's a nice stick or two!  We cut about 200 in 2018/19 like that, a bit smaller for most.  We sold it for $4/bdft+ standing but  it had a bit of peck, wormy.  The best butt logs were resold for $16/bdft before they had been bucked.  

Low grade walnut is definitely a bit off but your quality should still be ok.  What's your price target in KY for something that nice?
To be honest I have walked many a mile over the last 40 years with the hope that trees like this might be over the next ridge or across the next creek. Most times they weren't or if they were they were on a neighbor or the government and couldn't be bought. Well I bought this farm at auction without even knowing this little patch existed and there are some exceptional trees mixed in with the very best quality being mostly in the 24"-30" DBH class. I have a pretty fair idea of how they will cut and what they might bring but like most contrary old farts I don't want to cut them LOL I love the way they look and the peaceful glade they form. I am going to plant more instead of cutting!

BargeMonkey

The level of savage today was pretty epic... I have a B-day dinner with the 2 blondes tomorrow night so if you guys see my obituary just realize I left this world how I came into it 🤣

And that's the flat ground, I dumped another 30 over the ledges.

keep sending it.

If that 572 would start reliably I would park the 372s, it's got the power....

by tuesday I will have the rest of this job on the ground, be quite a pile of wood.

☝️☝️☝️ This is why guys steal... poach wood... it's not the loggers who are crooked. I had to call another logger tonight and have him talk to a driver, I'm at the point of physical violence if I don't get paid, truck driver shows up at my job at 2am to pick up logs he isn't going to like what happens. NEVER AGAIN.... cut wood for a hobby. 

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Well barge the weathered boulder market aint bad.. Put down the saw and start palletizing old rock walls.  
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Tugboat... June 12th... park all this wood iron for a while 🤣. I never had plans of working for the "Evil Empire" but for this kind of money I just don't care. 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: BargeMonkey on May 22, 2020, 08:51:45 PM
The level of savage today was pretty epic... I have a B-day dinner with the 2 blondes tomorrow night so if you guys see my obituary just realize I left this world how I came into it 🤣

And that's the flat ground, I dumped another 30 over the ledges.

keep sending it.

If that 572 would start reliably I would park the 372s, it's got the power....

by tuesday I will have the rest of this job on the ground, be quite a pile of wood.

☝️☝️☝️ This is why guys steal... poach wood... it's not the loggers who are crooked. I had to call another logger tonight and have him talk to a driver, I'm at the point of physical violence if I don't get paid, truck driver shows up at my job at 2am to pick up logs he isn't going to like what happens. NEVER AGAIN will I contract cut for a buyer unless they have a secured letter of credit... I'm going to be hanging out for 12-15k bucks here soon and I'm ready to start smashing faces, problem is everytime I get locked up my bail has always started at 10k cash 🤣  
I'm sure your going to have some fun tomorrow night👍😂. Hopefully that will keep you from throttling one of them dirt bags that's not paying you 

barbender

Now hopefully Barge isn't running with the blondes like my one great uncle was. Uncle Willy grew up in a large family, all of his brothers were hard workers and productive members of society, but he decided early on that it wasn't for him. He pretty well lived his whole life bouncing from woman to woman, sometimes living in a house, sometimes a camper or maybe even a tent. The very definition of a "ramblin' man" I think. Now Uncle was a handsome man in his younger years, but that lifestyle wears on the body and as Willy's body wore, the gals he picked up matched. Well, one his brothers told me that one day he saw Willy, and he had a new gal. She was looking the other way when he first saw her, and he was absolutely stunned by her head of beautiful and full blonde hair. He thought, "wow Willy you really outdid yourself on this one!" but then she turned around and he said she had a face, "just like a prune!" 😂😂 It turns out she was a good match for ol uncle Willy after all😂
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Only 1 blonde today 🤣. I'm still a firm believer in the "hot crazy matrix" video. 
 A few hrs today, I need to hit it the next couple days. Some is good, some is junk, if it's got paint it has to lay on the ground, nothing can be girdled. 

certain spots forget the buncher, can't even get close to this stuff with a skidder, all dozer ground. 

nothing but rock, trees grow out of the rock, rocks in the middle of the trees, normally I cut pretty low but can't on this job because I'm sick of boring into rocks. 
 Talking to the forester today about the couple issues, he stopped up the other day and finally got to see the bear 🤣 everyone but the landowner thinks I'm joking about this 500lb ? Large black bear, keep seeing him at a distance, forester comes out and its by my 2nd skidder on the landing about 4pm, keeps crapping in the middle of the driveway by my loader. 

☝️☝️☝️ dumbest way to have a landing possible, big open spot, tiny driveway. Bringing the stroker when I cut the job next door, rail a wall up and not do this nonsense of having to slash and truck constantly. 

Walnut Beast

If you can get a picture of that bear 🐻 

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

barbender

So is it actually your birthday today? With your many aliases other places (and birthdays), I can't really tell😂 I typically don't wish anyone happy birthday more than once a year😁
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: barbender on May 24, 2020, 09:32:28 AM
So is it actually your birthday today? With your many aliases other places (and birthdays), I can't really tell😂 I typically don't wish anyone happy birthday more than once a year😁
Anytime I make a profile under my full name I keep getting thrown in FB jail for 30 days... 🤣 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Walnut Beast on May 24, 2020, 04:44:33 AM
If you can get a picture of that bear 🐻
He gets close enough in a threatening manner... he's coming out behind my 460.... .444 Marlin buddy right in the skidder cab... look good stuffed at the store. 

BargeMonkey

I've got a mountain of hose to make, loaders ready for the bearing. Welded up the cracks, I can't justify putting anymore in this loader, just don't be an idiot.

By Wednesday this job will lay on the ground. That 572 is starting to come around, it is a nasty saw.

When your sign requires a skidsteer... 🤣

My father broke his toy out today, 6 miles down the road without issue. 1923 Model T-T 1Ton.

My logging / firewood competion is finally starting to see the big picture, he couldn't stop running his mouth, friend of mine just hired away his best help.... 🤣 place was BANGING all day...  

ehp

Barge we have the same Model T truck and another 1921 1/4 ton model T truck

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

Barge,

Love your Dad's truck. What's the history on it? Been in your family since new?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

BargeMonkey

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on May 25, 2020, 12:57:30 PM
Barge,

Love your Dad's truck. What's the history on it? Been in your family since new?
We went to buy a bale mulched attachment out in Plymouth MA about 10yrs ago and it was in the garage with the mulcher. 🤣 its 90% runs good, cabs good shape, that stuff's getting harder to find. 

BargeMonkey

Last hitch out about 630 I buried my 460 when I slid over the bank, so disgusted I wouldn't take a picture, probably need 850B to get back up over, slippery and steep. 

When I signed the contract it said "hunting season" which to me means rifle / shotgun, some bow, not 1 MONTH before the start of bow season until the very end of black powder, by then there's no sense going back because forget going up there when its brutal because you can't truck the wood out, seasonal road. Buyers trying to tell me the last 10ld of wood has hung them out, they got 35 already. I'm hanging out on 5ld waiting to be paid, I've literally dumped the job on the ground the last couple days and will be done this week, don't know what to do.... ? Forester and I talked, I'm going to bring the entire rest of the job out tree length, stack it up and hope for the best. 

Probably 300 ish ? Trees to come out this week, pack the landing and see what happens. 

Corley5

I've got another trainload of sugar maple saw bolts coming this week.  Half of it will be 10 footers.  Markets are rough out there when 10 foot sugar maple saw timber goes to firewood :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

Don't know what is being hunted, but in this area deer like the sounds of equipment in the woods. food!!! Them critters don't fear the equipment. I have heard of one guy shooting a deer from the skidder.  ::) 
I see more deer when I am on my tractor than when I am walking in the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on May 26, 2020, 05:50:37 AM
Don't know what is being hunted, but in this area deer like the sounds of equipment in the woods. food!!! Them critters don't fear the equipment. I have heard of one guy shooting a deer from the skidder.  ::)

I know, they get in the way loading the mill. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on May 26, 2020, 05:50:37 AM
Don't know what is being hunted, but in this area deer like the sounds of equipment in the woods. food!!! Them critters don't fear the equipment. I have heard of one guy shooting a deer from the skidder.  ::)
I've got 4-5 does on the tops all day right now. I don't mind anything if it leaves me alone, you start topping a hitch and see a big bear watching you off the hill 2 miles from no where your attitude changes 🤣 there's an ex husband who lives 3-4 miles from this job by the crow, I'm always looking over my shoulder 🤣 

BargeMonkey

coming down off the hill, heavy hitch and I slid thru that wet corner. Stuffed it on a couple trees and a rootball, best place to do it but still sucked. 

I can't complain about that machine, doesn't burn fuel and puts wood out. 

Cut. Bunch. Repeat. 

I'm railing it up with the loader, I figure I've got 250- 300 ? Trees to pack in here, slash and get packed up. I've got some of the most banging wood bought next door, its 3x triaxle load a day stuff but until things come around I wont do it, come back in a while. 

Corley5

17.5 cords of 10' sugar maple destined for the firewood machine 😎👍. I've got an order in for another load of saw bolts.  The next will have some beech on it.  Have a load of hardwood pulp coming later this week.  Now I've got inventory 😎

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!