iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lets make some tongue and groove

Started by Larry, June 29, 2006, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I hear you on the power feed. I have a cheap and dirty project in the works to make one. A small cheap belt sander with a coarse belt. OK it runs too fast, feed power to it through one of the little electronic boxes used to vary the speed on a router. Still have to figure out a mounting system.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Lanier
Trying to figure how you 'climb' cut on a table saw?  Feeding it from the back side is best I can figure.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brdmkr

Anybody ever thought about making a powerfeed from a gear motor?  I have one that turns 48 RPM with lots of torque.  Seems like it ought to be doable.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Lanier_Lurker

Quote from: beenthere on August 18, 2009, 11:21:22 AM
Lanier
Trying to figure how you 'climb' cut on a table saw?  Feeding it from the back side is best I can figure.  ::)

Exactly.

woodhick

Larry thanks for the info.  I have made some paneling for my shop out of poplar like this but I did not use and auxillary fence the way you did.  I jointed one edge  ripped cut the groove and then cut the tongue.  I like the way you use the extra fence to set the final width also.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

park ranger

I just got done with putting cedar wainscoting in my living room.  I used a bead on one side of the boards with no groove or overlap at all.  The bead hides any gap that might form (even a 1/16").  I ran it all through my shaper that I traded for a waist high stack of cedar boards.  Compared to flooring where the exact width is important the wainscoting went up fast. 

woodbowl

Quote from: park ranger on August 20, 2009, 02:03:40 AM
  I used a bead on one side of the boards with no groove or overlap at all.  The bead hides any gap that might form (even a 1/16"). 

What kind of bead PR? What is the shape of it? Sounds fast.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

park ranger

Hi woodbowl,  I think the radius of the bead is about 3/16", it's a cutter that I bought from harbor fraight.  I have to get the camera and take some pictures.  I got a old growth cedar snag about 3' that I cut it out of.  It went from log to wall in about 3 weeks.  I stikered it in the living room and when it got down to about 8% I planed it and then ripped it for exact width on the table saw.  I'll see about pictues tomorrow.

Thank You Sponsors!