iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forwarder loaded with teak. pics

Started by teakwood, August 11, 2015, 05:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

I went to visit a friend of mine who works for a big teak company, they own over 30 000acres of teak plantations here in Costa Rica. First day of work for the forwarder

In front the clearcut, all the hills in the back are younger plantations (but already thinned)

These trees are 19years old, this one is 18" diameter 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ken

Wow I wish we could grow trees that size in 19 years.  I'm not aware of the weight of teak but if it is heavy wood I'm guessing the forwarder will experience drive train issues if is consistently loaded with wood that long.

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

bushmechanic

19 years! Well make no wonder they have plantations!

teakwood

The underbush and non disired vegetation is also growing that quick!

Teak is very heavy green. its 1000kilo per cubic meter (62.4lbs/cu ft), dry its about 600kg/m3

The load cap is 14to on this machine and they brought 17m3 in one trip so 17to! so i agree with you on the overloading

1270d

They will break up the tail of that cat.    Nice photos all the same.

lopet

17 ton  :o   That's quite a load !!
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

larry1

Nice wood , and fast growing . I had teak coffee tables years ago and the wood is beautiful , oiled them yearly with teak oil .

teakwood

If you oil them yearly the color stays beautiful, if not they get a grey color with the time but with or without oil, teak has a natural oil already inside thats why teak is absolutely bug and weather proof!

barbender

Wow, those growth rates are incredible! I also agree with the others, they are going to bust that machine up in short order loading it like that.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!