iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seals for Woodmizer Blade Tensioner

Started by ronwood, September 16, 2020, 02:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwood

I blew out one of the 1 in seals on the blade tensioner on my 2003 LT40. The seals kit is on backorder with Woodmiizer. Has any one sourced the seals from another supplier.

Thanks
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Magicman

If you have a nearby hydraulic cylinder rebuilding shop, I would go there.  They probably can match the diameter of the "square" O rings.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cjross73

I've had to do what MM said a couple times.  My local hardware store had a hydraulic o ring assortment that worked temporarily 
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

ronwood

I went to a local  repair shop. They were able to supply me a seal for under $6.00.  Part number is U12-1.00-SQB   The seal that I replaced was the one were the threaded rod is.  So for it has been working.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Foragefarmer

Direct replacement: https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=371_172_1781_1782&products_id=35791

Seals are the same for front and rear pistons.

Fedex 2-3 day $9ish got it from Washington to Virginia the next day. I did order early morning the previous day. 

They have a wiper seal for the rear piston if anyone needs it. Size is 1.000x1.372x.187
Trucks, Tractors, T190, and an LT40

Thank You Sponsors!