iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 025 oiler question.

Started by Steven A., December 22, 2006, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven A.

I have the 025 running nice, screaming really... but the oiler is not putting out much. I left the bar off and ran it full throttle. The oil is barely coming out of the hole into the channel. I ran it a few minutes and it is dripping off the bottom of the saw at a rate of about 1 drip per 10 to 20 seconds.
So I drained the oil and put some gas in the oil tank and ran it just a bit till gas came through the oiler. It came a little faster, kinda spit out but still not too fast. I did this thinking it might clean it out since the saw sat without use for a few years.
Put bar oil back in and it is not different than before.
At this rate I'd say it would not even be close to running through a tank of bar oil to a tank of gas. Its so slow it just doesn't seem right. I put the bar on and ran it for about 15 seconds and no oil is flinging off the chain.

So.... is this adjustable? Is it likely to need to be rebuilt? Some new seal or plunger or?

Any parts break down on the net somewhere?

Thanks, Steve.

Kevin

The pump isn't adjustable.
The pump assembly is in back of the clutch.

Steven A.

Thanks for the information Kevin.
So do I remove the clutch and then access it by removing screws?
Can you tell me what the pump is and if its repairable?

Al.

Kevin

You can check the drive spring that drives the pump from behind the clutch.
The pump itself is located in the bottom of the engine housing.
The spring may be causing the problem or the vent may be plugged which could also cause the problem.
The spring should be easy to check, the rest gets complicated.

Steven A.

Thanks Kevin, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Kevin

The vent valve is located in the tank wall adjacent to the bar studs.
It comes out by driving it into the tank and removed through the tank opening.

Steven A.

The vent valve is a metal piece about 3/8ths diamter with a very small hole in it?
Is it just in front of the front bar stud? Visible when the bar is off and I'm looking at the bar studs?

This saw was very very dirty and full of gummed up crud when I got it. Perhaps this valve is clogged. Could I clean it with carb cleaner and compressed air while leavng it in place?

I appreciate all your help, especially when you are doing it on the Friday might before Christmas.
Steve.

Kevin

Steve;
You can try cleaning it  with any good solvent, but go real easy with the compressed air.

sawguy21

Have you cleaned the bar groove? The oiler may be ok, you should see a thin streak if you hold the bar tip over a clean stump while running the saw at part throttle.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!