iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from Scotland.

Started by Silverfoxfintry, September 25, 2018, 08:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

Silverfox
Beautiful stag! I had no idea there was any public hunting of stags in Scotland. My impression has been that you had to be landed gentry or pay large sums to get one.
Scotland is our favorite vacation place. We saw several sizable herds with stags on Harris last June then again around Tongue later in the month. Beautfulplace to hunt!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Silverfoxfintry

He was a 14 point stag. So, Two points a year? Over 7 years old.
As for costs for stalking. On a Highland estate a stag like that may run into several thousand pounds.
That is way out of my league! 
I shoot for pleasure and to fill the freezer. This one filled Three!
As for Sound Moderators. Quite easy to obtain now. But they are classed as a "firearm" and must be applied for and entered on your Firearm certificate.
Guns are very strictly controlled. No Self loading rifles (except .22rf) No pistols of any sort! Except for "Humane dispatch" of wounded or injured animals. Usually revolvers with only Two chambers. Ammunition must be entered on your certificate with maximum amounts allowed.
However, if you tick all the boxes you can enjoy shooting sports.
We had a bit of a storm about an American Lady shooting Feral Goats on the Island of Isla last month. She posted a video on Utube. The locals were not impressed. 

maple flats

As far as hunting with archery, I have only gotten 4 over the years, ranging in distance from 7 yards up to 27 yards on my long shot. (I used to have a self imposed max of 30 yds, that is now 25 yards)The farthest any of them went was under 50 yards, 1 stood still after the shot and looked right at me, then tipped over about 15 seconds or so later.
If you use a good broadhead and put it in the right spot the deer (or most other game) falls within 15-30 seconds and very seldom runs at full speed. It is generally easier on the animal because there is little or almost no sound.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

HPF2020

Hi

We recently acquired a forester jacko mill, pulled out of the nettles and hasn't been used for a while, in know the mill and have used helped run it a decade or so ago. I'm looking for a manual, we need to go through it completely but everything is free and engines are clean. Some rust on hydraulic components but generally in ok condition. 

I notice from this thread that you managed to find a manual is there a way of sharing this.

Thanks
HPF

Thank You Sponsors!