iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member Here..

Started by HuntTilDusk, February 19, 2015, 06:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntTilDusk

I have lurked around for a while and finally made a profile. I live in Northwest Iowa. I am originally from Northeast Nebraska and all of my family is still in those parts.  I work in the County Conservation system in Iowa as a Conservation Resource Tech or Natural Resource Tech depending on which of my bosses you ask. I enjoy hunting and fishing but as of the last few years I have found my time slipping more toward clearing cedars for friends and chainsaw milling those to use for chests, benches, other furniture, and T&G for my house. 
I hope I can learn a lot while I am here!
"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot."
― Aldo Leopold

tree-farmer

Welcome aboard, pull up a stump, and jump in when you can.
This site proves the saying, "none of us are as smart as all of us".
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

sandhills

Welcome to the forum, another Nebraskan here, if you run out of cedar to cut let me know  ;) :D

THUNDER BEAST

Welcome, I am new here also, just a few weeks under my belt. Do what I am doing and read your way through the old posts, lots of info to be found without having to ask. There is a extras button at the top of the page with a site dictionary, very helpful. John

Autocar

Welcome to the forum you can learn alot on here , enjoy !
Bill

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, HuntTilDusk.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

curdog

Welcome,  there's lots of good info here.  I've learned quite a bit from members on this site.

coxy

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Buckshot00

drobertson

howdy huntildusk, next step for you is to figure the picture posting and show us some of those Iowa bucks!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

HuntTilDusk

That would just make everyone feel bad!
I will post some pictures when I have more time to figure out the photo posting
"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot."
― Aldo Leopold

yukon cornelius

Welcome! this is a great place to hang out!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!