iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

yooper hat

Started by sawwood, December 22, 2020, 09:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawwood

watching curse of oak island. to night and Marty had a hat with the words yooper. him and his brother are from Michigan.b
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Chuck White

There's one I see advertised on TV that's called the Yooper Chook.

It can be worn in 3 different ways, depending on how much of your face you want to cover!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Stormy kromer is a well knimown yooper hat, but I'm guessing this wasbprobably a ball cap that said yooper. You rately see a yooper who will wear a lable. Those oak island boys are fro. The L.P. i do beleive. Like the Traverse city area
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Edvantage

Hat look like this? Funny someone just gave it to me a couple days ago. No I won't be wearing it, even if I'm a former troll from below da bridge.  Does 21 yrs in da yoop make me a citizen?

Jeff

You can only be born a yooper. No other way to become one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Edvantage

Guess that makes me an illegal alien? Well 9 of my kids are yoopers and my grandparents where yoopers so I'm almost. Should be some kind of test to become official yooper. Wood chopping, panking snow, snow shoveling, mosquito swatting, polar dive in da big lake after Sauna etc

Hilltop366

Quote from: Edvantage on December 23, 2020, 01:15:54 PMWell 9 of my kids are yoopers

Just because a cat has kittens in the oven doesn't mean you call them biscuits. :D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Hilltop366 on December 23, 2020, 03:36:21 PM
Quote from: Edvantage on December 23, 2020, 01:15:54 PMWell 9 of my kids are yoopers

Just because a cat has kittens in the oven doesn't mean you call them biscuits. :D
I was gonna say that! :D ;D :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chet

Quote from: Edvantage on December 23, 2020, 11:41:14 AM
Hat look like this? Funny someone just gave it to me a couple days ago. No I won't be wearing it, even if I'm a former troll from below da bridge.  Does 21 yrs in da yoop make me a citizen?

Anyone dat can move ta Houghton and live dare for 21 years on purpose, is as close ta bein' a Yooper as dare is.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Magicman

PatD and I spent the night in Haughton on our way to Copper Harbor, but we did not buy a hat.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Rick and Marty Lagina were born in Kingsford, Mi.  They're true Yoopers ;) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!