iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Short road trip

Started by Klicker, January 01, 2013, 10:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

I am leaving on thursday for NH   for a short visit. I will be stopping in Maine to visit with John M. I hope to get a chance to visit  some other forum members  In the  Concord NH area if posable . :new_year:
2006 LT 40 HD

thecfarm

Have a good time. I'm about 4 hours from John, one way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Klicker

One stop on the way down is all we can do. It is a 10 or 12 hour drive  without stops to the inlaws.  I make this trip about every three months . :snowball:
2006 LT 40 HD

Grappletractor

I am an hour north of Concord. Stop in and give me a pointer or two.  :)

thecfarm

Grappletractor,I really like your tractor. What kind is it? Can you tell us a little history of it. I never seen one before.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bama20a

If you havn't left yet,Just be careful.I'm leaving in the morning (Alabama)  going to Cal- I've got ot be there mon-morning.
I don't do it ::),But I'm going to start taking pic's.There is some nice places across there that, someday I'll wish I had pic's of.Hope to hang my saddle up in a year & a half. ;D
Also enjoy your self.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

JohnM

:D :D  I missed this the first go round.  Rod and his wife left a couple of hours ago.  Covered a lot of ground with our chat, gardening, farmers markets, sawmilling, dogs, chickens, traditional bowhunting/shooting (Rod's a recurve, I'm a longbow :)), what we did in past lives :D all over a couple of bowls of chilli and cornbread. digin1  (NO G...S! >:()  Great visit and hope you get a chance to stop by again.  (Sorry FF, no pics but I swear it happened. ;D)

Hey Ray, google maps has us as only being 2hrs apart. :)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

I think I have you mixed up with another member in the other direction.   :laugh:  Bangor is about 1½ hours and you said you are only about 20-25 minutes away from the expo.

Klicker

Quote from: thecfarm on January 01, 2013, 10:06:03 PM
Have a good time. I'm about 4 hours from John, one way.

I looked on the map and could not figure out how you where 4 hours from John.
2006 LT 40 HD

Klicker

John we  my wife and I enjoyed our visit with you and your family. The food was great. i had thought of a photo but I am shy 

I will give you a heads up when we head back we have some info about some of the things we talked about that might be helpful.
2006 LT 40 HD

Klicker

Grappletractor I  am in Boscawen not Concord I will be over a fair Part of the state over the next week or two.  and two trips to Mass. I would like to try and see as many fourm members as I can. I find talking in person better then typing. I like to share Ideas of what we and others are doing I find it helps everyone involved.
2006 LT 40 HD

Holmes

When will you be heading to Ma.? I am near the NH Ma border below Fitzwilliam NH   Dana
Think like a farmer.

JohnM

Quote from: Klicker on January 04, 2013, 03:52:34 PM
I will give you a heads up when we head back we have some info about some of the things we talked about that might be helpful.

Sounds great, Rod.  Look forward to it.  Enjoy the weather 'down south'! ;) ;D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

loggah

klicker, I'm 40 miles north of Boscawen,in Campton you can stop in if you like. My grandmother was a Mac Neil and her family came down from Cape Breton Island N.S. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

CCC4

Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2013, 08:09:21 AM
Grappletractor,I really like your tractor. What kind is it? Can you tell us a little history of it. I never seen one before.

Those tractors are really neat! We call them "log hogs". John Deere used to make them. Some have double log tong grapples. Really neat though!

Klicker

I plan on heading up that way  Mon. or Thur. I will let you know when I know. I have a number  of  visits I need to do before  I can run around  on other things.
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!