iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shaveings

Started by goose63, September 17, 2020, 07:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Now all I have to do is shovel them out at the burn pile. 8)

My new dump trailer will get side boards and a tarp then the shovel can stay in the shed
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Walnut Beast

Nice. What's the hp on the blower 

Southside

Someone around have a few laying hens? Might be able to sell them rather than burn them. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ron Wenrich

A number of years ago, I had a client that went into the shavings business.  He focused on the pet business and put it in baggies that were measured out by the pound.  He needed dry shavings, so he used a clothes dryer to dry the shavings.  He eventually went to a drum that had a gas salamander heater that was turned and dried the shavings.  It was a bit of a sideline and he used the aromatic woods like cedar, cherry, etc.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Al_Smith

60 years ago we used to get shavings from a local mill to use for bedding for the laying hens .It was free .Those little feet can tromp that stuff tight as chip board .Took a pick axe to peel that stuff up off the concrete . :D----BTW it wasn't that funny as a 12 year old swinging  that tool ----

goose63

Walnut its a 3 hp

Ron if my wife cought me useing her dryer for that I would not be among the liveing

Afriend of mine has sheep and thy are laming now so he is comeing to get all i can make for bedding
goose

rjwoelk

I hope they are sheared, or that wool will be a mess. But then not sure what wool prices are these days, barely. 10 cents back in 90s.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

GAB

Ken:
You sold the slabs as organic firewood, so why aren't you advertising the planer shavings as organic bedding?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

goose63

Quote from: GAB on September 17, 2020, 03:12:20 PM
Ken:
You sold the slabs as organic firewood, so why aren't you advertising the planer shavings as organic bedding?
Gerald
Now Gabthats a DanG good idea
goose

Thank You Sponsors!