iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baker 3665D Mill?

Started by tacks Y, March 30, 2020, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

Looked at a 2011 3665D this am. Anyone here have one? Anyone seen one run? All thoughts? Nice clean machine and a few pluses over my Logmaster.

KenMac

I've only seen videos of them in action, but since I have a mill with 67 hp, you will love the power! Was once a serious consideration for me until I found Cook's was almost local to me (3 hrs. away). 8)
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

tacks Y

Was not looking till this showed up 1/2 hour away. My 31 hp cat/perk saws faster than me. Price seems ok. Now the wife...

GAB

I think Scott Smith in NC has one.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

scsmith42

Quote from: GAB on March 30, 2020, 08:16:47 PM
I think Scott Smith in NC has one.
Gerald
Tom is a 3638D, but there are a couple of local 3665's.  It is a beast of a mill.  Personally I think that the Woodmizer is a better option for portable milling (Faster setup), and the Baker a heavier duty option for stationary milling.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

tacks Y

Yes, I agree would not want to move it around.  The same as my LM3, to big.

KenMac

Quote from: tacks Y on March 31, 2020, 11:06:02 AM
Yes, I agree would not want to move it around.  The same as my LM3, to big.
And my Cook's AC36 is not very easily set up, either.  I prefer it to stay where it is anyway.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

tacks Y

Cut a small log on it, now to see if the price can come down some. A few things need worked on and 4700 hrs on mill.

tmbrcruiser

I have a 3650E, great mill. I am sure the blue/ orange thing is the same as the Ford/ Cheve thing. Saying that I haven't owned orange. I can say Baker has been all and more than I could ask for on service. 
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

tacks Y

I do not own it and service is GREAT. Called to ask some questions and I was on the phone for an hour. They were in no hurry to get me off the line and called me back when the call got dropped. Came to terms on the price should be coming home on 4-2.

KenMac

Quote from: tacks Y on April 01, 2020, 03:05:47 PM
I do not own it and service is GREAT. Called to ask some questions and I was on the phone for an hour. They were in no hurry to get me off the line and called me back when the call got dropped. Came to terms on the price should be coming home on 4-2.
Congrats on the Baker purchase!! Bet you love it!! 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!