iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Mulberry

Started by 123maxbars, July 04, 2020, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I sawed up a good size Mulberry last week for a customer, it was my first time sawing that species and was the largest one I have seen around here, Below is a link to the video showing the process. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWcPtgQd6gQ
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

DbltreeBelgians

I watched the video the other night and I will have to say I've never seen a Mulberry like that one. All the one I have around here are not much more than a giant weed and invasive like weeds also. Some a while back had asked what Mulberry was good for and I replied "fodder for a burn pile" but if it was anything like you had I would have to take my reply back. That made some fine looking lumber. smiley_thumbsup

Brent
Oh btw, thanks for the t-shirts.

WV Sawmiller

Nathan,

Good to see your posting again. Pretty wood. I have only sawed one small mulberry about 5-6 ft long and we thought it was something else till I opened it up. It had that same pretty yellow grain as the one you just sawed. I thought mine was locust when I took the first slab cut off it. Really nice to saw.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

123maxbars

Quote from: DbltreeBelgians on July 04, 2020, 01:34:26 PM
I watched the video the other night and I will have to say I've never seen a Mulberry like that one. All the one I have around here are not much more than a giant weed and invasive like weeds also. Some a while back had asked what Mulberry was good for and I replied "fodder for a burn pile" but if it was anything like you had I would have to take my reply back. That made some fine looking lumber. smiley_thumbsup

Brent
Oh btw, thanks for the t-shirts.
Thanks Brent appreciate it, 
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 04, 2020, 04:56:48 PM
Nathan,

Good to see your posting again. Pretty wood. I have only sawed one small mulberry about 5-6 ft long and we thought it was something else till I opened it up. It had that same pretty yellow grain as the one you just sawed. I thought mine was locust when I took the first slab cut off it. Really nice to saw.
Between new machines, sawing logs and building a timber frame my post on here have been very seldom although I still lurk around every night when I have time, 
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

thecfarm

Nice video, log and land you have there. Looks like you are on a ridge.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bluthum

Nice  wood.

Mulberry is a great cabinet wood.

It is also surprisingly rot resistant.

farmfromkansas

I have sawn some mullbetty, none as big as that. Guess I am overly optimistic, as when it is dry, most is not that great.  I did build my newest granddaughter a toddler tower out of some, turned out OK.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!