iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mulberry

Started by trapper, November 21, 2020, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Tree trimmer left the a couple short pieces of mulberry.  Good for anything?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

moodnacreek

Trackerbuddy

A little bit of white sapwood with a bright yellow heart wood that darkens to an orange Brown with age.  It looks a lot like hedge apple but not as hard or heavy.  Make sure to check for metal. Mulberry less to grow a long old fence lines  

doc henderson

great firewood.  not bad for unique furnature.  good luck keeping the yellow.  here is a bench from a seat left outside for 2 years.  color looked like walnut, till i ran it over the jointer.  

mulberry top, oak legs.  i have a test scrap kept with other samples and the boards stacked up, illustrated the oxidation uv color change.

sat on a shelf with another board on top
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

most of my firewood is mulberry as much of it is crooked and not practical on the mill.  only better firewood is hedge (Osage orange)and it is in the same family with the same color and oxidation reaction.  about 27 and 32 million BTUs per cord respectively.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Southside

I put it into multi species accent walls. Absolutely gorgeous and the short pieces are exactly what customers want. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!