iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winter

Started by trapper, December 11, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

changed my cm 241 and cm261 to winter mode today easiest saws I have ever done Just looking at them without looking at the manual it was easy to see what to do.  Also went to winter bar oil.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawguy21

It is a very simple procedure, kudos to Stihl. We are not selling winter bar oil yet, daytime temps are around 40F.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

upnut

Thanks for the tip, didn't even know there was a winter setting! My winter strategy is setting the saw on a shelf and my feet by the fire.....I do run a couple tanks of Stihl Moto-Mix through it occasionally when my siblings need help feeding their wood stoves. I generally use their saws, but the 241 really has me spoiled. 

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

petefrom bearswamp

Scott my winter procedure is pretty much the same as yours.
If we have an old fashioned January thaw I may get into the woods to augment 2019-2020 supply
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

lxskllr

Winter's when I do my cutting. 30°-40° is perfect cutting weather. I never used the winter setting on my saw though. It's not like Canada down here. Seems to run fine without it.

hedgerow

We finished up running chain saws right before corn and bean harvest. Wet weather set in around here early and it took a lot longer to get harvest done than it usually does. Snow came then and the thought of go to the timber and running chain saws left my mind. Sounds like we have some nice weather coming the next ten days may get the saws running again in the mornings when its froze up. 

Thank You Sponsors!