iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sold the mill

Started by Danny_S, May 30, 2004, 07:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

As some of you may know, I have sold the mill to Slowzuki this past week. I would have liked to hold onto it but my wife and I have taken a huge step, we have both taken on new jobs and moved away from my hometown. I have no room or time to have the mill here so I decided the best bet may be to sell it and start a new plan for something different for now. I still have the 3120 so I will likely build an attachment to saw with that for the little bit of lumber I need out at the camp.

So I will let Slowzuki take over the mill and hope he gets lots of good use out of it, I am glad that someone within the forum has bought it so that I can keep tabs on what is happening with it!!

Danny S
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Percy

Congrats on the career change, takes major.....nads??.... ;D to do somthin like that. On the mill thing, Im sure you will eventually get/build/whatever another. You say you are going to a camp?? Might be some milling opportunities there??....
Later
Good luck Danny.
Percy
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Shamus

Good luck with the new gig DannyS. I am a bit choked that you sold the mill, but like you say hopefully slowzuki will get good use out of it. Its a shame to lose a chainsaw mill operator, there are so few of us suckers for punishment around.

What will you be doing next?
D&L Doublecut Synchro sawmill, Procut chainsaw mill, John Deere crawler loader,  F350 4x4 flatdeck, 20 ton logsplitter, running Stihls

Danny_S

I still have the saw, and I plan to build like a grandberg milling jig on it for doing the odd jobs I have around my camp to do. I figure I have bragging rights around town here for having the biggest saw.  ;)    I kinda like that ripsaw bandsaw attachment they have ... might look inta that later on. Gotta get this new job under way and get me roots planted in the new place.  I will be working at Craig manufacturing. It is a maintenance and mig welder position. We build attachments for loaders, graders, excavators,...ect ... check it out...  www.craig-mfg.com

slowzuki

Thanks Danny!

I was out today starting to get it converted back to it's bandsaw roots.  The weather wasn't really cooperating but got a bit done.  

Still have to figure on tires vs sheaves sometime soon!

When you drop off the aluminum could you drop off the paint too?  I hope your first day of work goes well!

Ken

Danny_S

Riiiiiighht... the paint!!   I hope to be down that way this week as I need to move up a few more things.  

The first day consists of a plant tour, meet my co workers and everyone else who works there, then a few hours of manditory safety videos. I think everything will be good...

You should build a mount that will hold the trailer axle stubs and just use them for bandwheels......  ;D ;D ya cant haul and saw at the same time!!   :D :D

I do to much thinkin.........

Thank You Sponsors!