iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tic problem

Started by bluffman2, September 05, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluffman2

Got more dang tics on the about 7 acres (where I'm wanting the homesite to be) what can I do to get rid of them?  Burn it? (Field) or guineas or what?  I'm tired of getting them off of me after walking the property!!! air_plane go_away

Den Socling

Guineas would be my idea.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Stinny

Quote from: bluffman2 on September 05, 2014, 08:54:13 PM
Got more dang tics on the about 7 acres (where I'm wanting the homesite to be) what can I do to get rid of them?  Burn it? (Field) or guineas or what?  I'm tired of getting them off of me after walking the property!!! air_plane go_away

Sawyer's permethrin. Apply to clothing. Lasts a few washes. Kills ticks dead. Available at sporting stores and Walmart's.
Suzuki 4x4 on Tatou tracks tugging logs in winter

Hilltop366

I have been told that ticks don't like short grass, keeping it mowed might help.

bluffman2

bluffman2

thecfarm

I did not have any tics until the last 5 years or so. Or did not find any on me. Last year I found 4-5 on me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

What I did was pack up and move after my wife and I both got lime. The biggest hosts that spread ticks are deer and mice, so if you get rid of them the tic population should go down. Cutting the grass short doesn't help. The last place I lived the DEC did a study on my yard because of a high tic population and they had college interns drag white sheets across the short grass in marked out sections on my property. They would then pick the ticks off it, count them and send them out to be tested for Lyme disease. No mater how many tics they took there was always another batch when they returned the following week, and a very large percentage of them carried a transmittable disease. Anyone that finds a easy way to get rid if them will become a millionaire over night.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

pappy19

Place a dog flea collar around each boot and just leave it there all summer. No more ticks coming up your leg. Pyrethein spray around your belt and that should take care of any critters.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!