iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANVILMAN

Home built bandsaw            25 inch wheels....Honda Civic motor.. all hydraulic

Magicman

That sounds like a "bad" sawmill that your have ANVILMAN.  Welcome, and join us on some threads below.  You must have had some interesting experiences.  What part of BC?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jcoleman

TimberKing 1600, with hydraulic log loader, log turner and 20' length - cuts very well, but wish it had a bigger power-plant for my altitude 7,000 ft +

Kubota L4200 w/ forks, 40 Ford 9N

Makita/Dolmar 6401, Husky 272

Husky 272, Makita 6401, TimberKing 1600

morbid fury

If at first you don`t succed, skydiving is not for you.
Thomas 2411
Husky 266xp
Honda 850 sportsman
Thomas log Arch
Happiness is a fresh pile of sawdust

reprosser

fishpharmer

Welcome to the forum reprosser.  Nice mill you have there!  Tell us about milling your first logs.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

wwsjr

Added an ED26 WM Edger last week. One of the last Cat powered in stock. Picked up in GA last Friday. After 8 years of edging on the mill, I finally decided I could justify the cost. I cut about 75,000BF of mostly cypress in past year and have about that much on yard to cut now. I have found good part time help, so maybe the edger will be profitable.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

reprosser

Quote from: fishpharmer on November 02, 2010, 07:14:08 PM
Welcome to the forum reprosser.  Nice mill you have there!  Tell us about milling your first logs.

Well, after I got home - I had to remove the mill from the wheels and set it up.

then I loaded a SYP log and made the first cuts to create a cant

Then cut some 2"-ish boards

Then I milled a white cedar, an oak, and a wild cherry log.

I posted a video of the mill cutting the cherry log on photo bucket, but I don't know if I can post links here.

I forgot to tighten the blade after starting up the next day, so I got to experience a diving cut...  :-[

I have been busy with priorities, but hope to get a bunch of timber milled before too long. Got the initial batch air dried and ready for the kiln.

mandolin

I operate a Hud-Son 228 that I set up on a concrete slab. Currently sawing pine to build my wife and me a house. It's all manual and I love it. I lost a lot of weight over the past summer and when people as me how I lost it I tell them, "Buy a sawmill and run it in Mississippi during the summer."
2008 Hudson 228
1945 Boice-Crane Planer
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Dehumidification kiln
Complete cabinet/furniture shop
Professional turkey boxcall tuner

boatmiser

timberking 2000 with debarker and setworks
work work work

paul case

i had looked for a while, but when you are looking and have the money you never seem to find just what you want.
i had been looking for a heavy bumper pull trailer to haul my loader on and pull with my log truck. found 1! i will try to get pics next time i get loaded up to go to the woods.

its old but just right for my tractor. 3 axles8 hole wheels and 16'' tires. 20' deck and 5 foot dovetail with flip up ramps. steel treadplate floor.  it works real well.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

timberjackrob

woodmizer lt28 with power feed and log deck package.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

vfauto

:)New to the sawmilling world,just received a TimberKing 1600 with hydralics and Debarker!Also a John Deere 4310 with forks.

The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

paul case

well may i be the first to say''welcome to the forestry forum''.     pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

timbatrader

Hi recently bought a second hand Peterson Skill mill electric so not able to take to the logs 

Wintergreen Mountain

2010 Turner Mills 36" Bandsaw Mill.

I ordered it November 2009 and picked it up April 2010.
  Sawed about 5000bf so far and i am hooked on milling.

1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Dewey

I run a Timber Harvester  30 Ht  fully hydraulic  I have ran it part time for two years  and have been running it full time for 15..   I'm in Mid coast maine I saw White Cedar...  Also I have a Ford L8000 with a prentice 110 pulp loader,,,  A Michigan  Front end loader with forks  and deliver with a International flatbed...  Im new th this forum... its been alot of fun looking around..   :)

paul case

welcome dewey,
tell us a little more about you and your operation. pc
pc

Dewey

I saw fulltime until winter sets in...  then I switch to my plowing  and sanding  buisiness...  I like the combination it's nice to get the seasonal break...  I bought my mill while working full time..... Bussiness  picked up  fast  so I quit my 9-5 job to saw. I bought my mill new, and yes I'd like to get a new one..But it is is still sawing great  , I figure I have sawed 2.5 million BF with it....I have well over 10,000 hours on it....I have been sawing White Cedar now for 10  years

vtdiy

Hello all. Here's my homemade Simple Saw type band mill. The engine is a 10 hp Robin. I built it several years ago. Thinking about building another mill, swing blade this time.  (Homemade log arch shown, too.)

tapper2

I have a belsaw m14 and a homemade bandmill. They both work well. The Belsaw is pto powered with a 40" blade. The bandmill I built has an 8h.p. Honda, with a 28" max. log width.....biggest I've cut was 20. They are both slow going, low-key, but work very well.......and cheap to run.
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

doghunter

1960s era o frick, edmiston hydraulic turner, frick 2 saw edger ,powered by a 371 detroit

cjfrank

Ok from the stump,046,066 stihl's, late 70's Iron mule forwarder, 99' JD 250, 1958 JD620 two lunger, 1946 Model "A" JD, 1990 379 Peterbuilt w/ lemco 7000 loader, Allis chalmers 706 forklift, 1933 48" circle saw w/471 detroit, 2008 Woodmizer lt40 hydralic, late 80's? dixon two blade edger, and all the equipment to work with the wood when dry!!!!!!!!!!! dating from 1897 to 1999.
cjfrank, 1976 clark 664 skidder
Model 4000 Iron Mule Forwarder
1958 JD 620 Tractor
1990 peterbuilt straight truck with lemco loader, 2009 Woodmizer LT40 w/12' Extension

eireog68

old b20 mostly hydraulic and would like to make it all hydraulic
Back to Basics with new age tools
If we all had desk jobs who would make the desks
Buy American and give your children job,s
or buy imported and have to support them for life.

paul case

picked up a new to me lift 3 weeks ago.

picture is small , but so is the forklift. it works real well. its supposed to lift 3700 lbs but i believe it will pick up much more than that. i am going to try it on 20 ties and see how it does.
here is a pic of the trailer i bought last fall.

pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!