iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought a Frick 02 sawmill

Started by 03westernstar, November 10, 2013, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dblair

I'm sure that can be done using a tractor pto for the drive . I would love to see a setup like that at a show . most shows I go to have their own but county fairs don't .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bandmiller2

When I built my first circular mill I made it portable, as it was set up in a summer kiddy camp in the winter. Used four 20' steel trusses two for the main section the other two cut in half to fold up on each end. I carefully took the crown out of the trusses and mounted on two axles. Had about a dozen leveling jacks. The 40' building was only a roof and drive through design. For foundation I used phone poles set in cement cut flush with the ground so I could drive over them. I say portable but semi portable is closer to the truth once its setup and level you don't want to move it. Remember  circular mill success is about 80% foundation. Come summer I would hook up the tractor fold up the ends and tow it home for the summer as we only cut in the cooler weather. It can be done but its much easier to set up a circular mill permanent. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Buddyw

My Frick 01 mill is a mobile mill. I still have one tire on the mill .I just did not see a need to remove it , its not touching the ground since I picked the mill up and sit it on its foundation.
I built my building over the mill (still in progress) but, I allowed enough room to put on the other tire and pull the mill out if I decide to give up sawing or do something different. LOL !!

03westernstar

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on December 31, 2013, 06:29:52 AM
You mean something like this? 

Yes like that only a little closer to the ground for people to see

03westernstar

Quote from: Buddyw on December 31, 2013, 10:06:30 AM
My Frick 01 mill is a mobile mill. I still have one tire on the mill .I just did not see a need to remove it , its not touching the ground since I picked the mill up and sit it on its foundation.
I built my building over the mill (still in progress) but, I allowed enough room to put on the other tire and pull the mill out if I decide to give up sawing or do something different. LOL !!

I've been following your progress and you are doing one fine dang job I really like the use of all the old cranes and draglines, I enjoy watching them work. The closest thing I have to an old crane is a 1972 P&H Hydraulic Excavator :D

Thank You Sponsors!