iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Black Walnut(again)

Started by EZ, August 28, 2003, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

This guy has a 42 inch walnut about 4 ft from the ground, and 40 inch dia about 16 ft up. The tree is a fence row tree and he wants me to fell it and mill it up into 1 by what ever. The tree was struck by lighting 10 yrs ago. You can see the scare on the 2 sides all the way up, it is still alive, and no dead spots any where. Does anybody think the lumber will be any good.
EZ

ElectricAl

EZ,

Get your big chainsaw going.

When you go to saw the log, roll the log so the crack is at a 45 degree angle to the blade.
The actual crack will be punky or some odd color. Just trim the crack off when you edge the flitches. Keep turning the log to keep the crack to an edge of the board.

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

ARKANSAWYER

Nope! No Good!   Do not even bother with it.  Tell the land owner you know a guy who will remove that trash for him just because he is a good guy.  Then give me the location of said tree.  IT will save you lots of worry and stress. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

woodhaven

ARKANSAWYER,
I will even help you for a limb or 2 of that trash.
Richard

EZ

I was over there Saturday to tell the guy that my big saw quit on me, and it would be a couple wks before I could get toit. We was wondering about how big the first limb was, so he got his tractor out with a front-end loader and raise me up to it. It measured 22 inch dia. He ask me if I would saw for half the tree. ;D 8) Going to be alot of work, but well worth it. ;D
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!