iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spice Bush

Started by Autocar, June 23, 2016, 04:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I finished a job today where the woods lays with water in the spring time. Spice bush grows around twelve feet tall and gets thick as the hair on a dogs back. It is hard to see ten feet. Cutting four/five hundred board foot swamp white oaks and it was tuff to see up though the bushes to see the lean and hangers. Not a close call but felt the air whiz by when a six inch limb broke off as the tree tiped over and came back wards into my safe zone. Never seen it or heard it with the thick bushes over head. But one thing far sure it has the right name Spice because the woods smells great after driving over them.
Bill

AlexHart

I've never heard of spice bush (going to google that now) but around where we live I think the rough equivalent is mountain laurel.   Around here you can get into areas where like you say, your surrounded and can hardly even tell where the heck you are. 

Fortunately its usually not that bad but we've had a few spots.....   

Greyhound

loggah

We got something similar to that up here, an invasive specie called "autumn olive" smells real nice in bloom ,but a real PITA to get rid of.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!