iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic clamp

Started by DixieReb31, July 06, 2021, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieReb31

I have 53 hours on my still relatively new LT 35HD (received 4/12/21)  While sawing this past weekend the hydraulics started suddenly screeching pretty hideously.  I went ahead and finished the Poplar log I was cutting and then opened up the hydraulic box only to find oil everywhere. The Poplar log was rather big, I knew it would give the loader all it wanted.  But the leak was a pinhole coming from the hydraulic clamp hose line.  The loader line seemed fine.  Definitely a pinhole, about 1/8" behind the crimped fitting.  I'm not sure if I did it or if this is covered under warranty.
WM LT35HD, John Deere 2040, John Deere 4044 w/FEL, Grapple, forks.

WV Sawmiller

My money is on it being covered especially since it sounds like all you are talking about is a hose. From the size of some oak logs I have loaded with the same mill I'm betting a poplar could not be heavy enough to be doing it/overloading the arms especially if it is w/i the specs the mill could saw. I'm betting there was just a weak spot in the hose - it happens and sounds like an easy fix. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Sounds like a factory issue with the hose, your system would not be able to blow out a new hose.  That being said you can absolutely destroy loader arms with a poplar log that is just big enough for the saw to work around.  I didn't do it, but know of it happening.  As with so many things the issue wasn't so much the fall but the sudden stop (half way down) that caused the issue. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!