iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood processor anyone?

Started by Hawkshoe, May 12, 2009, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Archertwo looks like you could make a sawmill too and save those bigger ones! Nice looking rig you have looks like some extra valves for an expansion of options? I too enjoy the process of making my own toys when I have the time. I don't have a good place to work in right now hope to make a work shop in the next year or so until then it's limited to nicer days and when I can borrow a little space in my brothers garage.

Al_Smith

Quote from: archertwo on December 13, 2009, 03:26:02 PM
 I'd much rather make my toys than buy them if I can though. :)

Oh I'm just razzing you guys .Besides I really have no room to talk because at this moment I'm building a bandsaw mill myself .27 feet of track,capable of 38" of log by 22 feet or so as if I ever could find a straight log that long .That's another subject though rather than processers .

woody1

No problem Al..We know your stirring the pot.  ;) You'll be buildin' a processor too. My buddy came up to my processor last week. I was cutting big stuff with my chainsaw and throwing up onto the processor. He said "What the heck are you doing ?" I said it was easier to cut the big stuff and throw it up, than it was to load it on the deck and process it.  :D :D Some things just don't make scence.  :o

Keeep up the razzin" We love it !
Woody
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Al_Smith

Quote from: woody1 on December 13, 2009, 09:19:08 PM
You'll be buildin' a processor too.

Keeep up the razzin" We love it !
Woody
Actually no but I do have a couple more irons in the fire .

First off I help out a little bit with maintaining the saws and equipment for two tree service companies  .As such I have access to all kinds of good saw logs and tons of firewood should I choose to take them .
Most of the big oak,which can be up to 4 feet accross is chunked and loaded with a skid loader .It takes 3 or 4 people to just roll a round into a tilt beam splitter ,like 500 pounds or so .
What is needed is a log arch that will handle a 3 foot log by about 16 feet . In addition a big splitter with a 6 way like a Timber wolf . Nothing pressing on those projects .I get to them when I get to them .

archertwo

Hilltop366, we already have a circular saw mill. My father built it 45 or so years ago so I don't have to make one of those. ;D
We've put through many a log up to 36 feet and a few even longer than that through there but we mainly stay with 20 foot or less nowadays.

Al, not a problem.
Good luck with your bandsaw mill build. Post some pics.

When you get around to it post pics of the logging arch build. 

Everybody loves pics. 8)
Husqvarna 254XP x3
Red Max 5300 x3
Kubota 62 & 85 HP two 203T loaders on 9 Ton wagons one with a 40LF PATU delimber & GMT 035 felling head
homemade firewood processor
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxLwTiRxf3c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O01xr7dVAAA
Road Trail 7X12-14,000## Dump Trailer

archertwo

Quote from: Hilltop366 on December 13, 2009, 07:57:03 PM
Nice looking rig you have looks like some extra valves for an expansion of options?

Thanks, there is actually only one extra valve in the whole setup.
The first one in the 5 valve bank is not being used anymore.(was for the conveyor)
The second is for the 4 way wedge.
The third is for the log clamp.
The fourth is for the infeed belt.
The fifth is for the log lift.
Then there's a Power Beyond and the logsplitter valve.
After that there's the conveyor motor valve.
Husqvarna 254XP x3
Red Max 5300 x3
Kubota 62 & 85 HP two 203T loaders on 9 Ton wagons one with a 40LF PATU delimber & GMT 035 felling head

Hilltop366

I guess when you add them up it takes quite a few valves.

And thanks for the reply, looks like your just up the road a bit in Claire, I'm just a few miles before town, my Grandparents (dads side) were origionally from the Meteghan area so when we make some contraption Dad says " ce la rig de cadet" (not sure of the spelling) You might be the only one on here that gets that.

Cheers

archertwo

Hilltop366, the pics in your gallery of used saws and of the wood stove. Would they have been taken at Joey's place?

I get it. :D
Some of the "Cajun" population down South might be able to figure out the of it.
It's probably not every day that you'll see "Acajun french" written on this website "si tu sais quoi que j'vuex dire". :D

When I started out all I wanted to build was a logsplitter with a conveyor attached and I happened by chance to have to put on a bigger valve when the new one I had sprung a leak.
Then all heck broke loose and many of the ideas I had ended up being built in the process.
Husqvarna 254XP x3
Red Max 5300 x3

Al_Smith

Quote from: archertwo on December 14, 2009, 09:29:56 AM
Al, not a problem.
Good luck with your bandsaw mill build. Post some pics.

When you get around to it post pics of the logging arch build. 

Everybody loves pics. 8)
Well I wish it were that simple .Try as I might the only forums I can post pictures on are those hosted by V-Bullitin and this is not one of them . Fact is on one that is hosted by VB I can't either . Either my security system blocks me or I'm just plain too stupid so I just don't even try any more . Simple things for simple minds and I'm pretty simple . :D

Hilltop366

Yep thats Joey's, I went to the Vocational and took small gas at the same time, I try to stop in and visit him once and a while but it doesn't happen often. I don't know if you new of, or remember of back but in the 80's but there was a Kawasaki & Sachs Dolmar shop in Dayton next to the Austrian Inn Resturant anyway that was me.

My french is very limited from growing up in an mainly english area so I needed a little help with that so I guess I didn't really know what you were saying :D

If you keep at it the next thing you know you will just be putting that machine up against a tree and spitting firewood out the other end :D

archertwo

Al, it must for sure be your security system blocking you.

Hilltop366, I stopped by Joey's place to get some things the first time I brought the processor to the woods. He looked at it for a while then said, "Yeah, I think that can work."

I do put the processor pretty close to the trees that I cut but it will be some time between blocks if I have to wait for them to grow back. :D :o

Husqvarna 254XP x3
Red Max 5300 x3

Thank You Sponsors!