Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Hopefully the snow melts soon  :D

Old Greenhorn

Yeah,

But it always have before Don, it always has.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Crusarius

Don, I think Old greenhorn trumps you :)

He beats me. I only have about 12" but still coming down.

I just pulled the battery out of my sled to charge tonight. Hopefully I can resurrect it and maybe get a ride in this weekend. Lets hope I don't contribute to this thread in the process.

JJ

OGH,
I C U finally got to use your snow shoes!

and shovel 2

JJ

firefighter ontheside

I wish I had some snow to try to get stuck in.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Crusarius, it's not a contest. :D

JJ, never had time, but if I get bored tomorrow, maybe I'll give them a shot and check out the old mill site. They set close to the door, just in case. ;D

FFOTS, around here it's pretty easy.  C'mon up. :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

JJ

you have some mighty big shoes boots then :D

samandothers

Quote from: Don P on February 02, 2021, 04:40:46 PM
Hopefully the snow melts soon  :D

Now how did that get there?   say_what

Crusarius

I had another 6" on the truck this morning. driveway had about 12" Since I didn't plow last night. That was a mistake. I got out, but I dunno if I will get back in.

TimGA

Ya'll can keep it, don't miss it, don't want any more of it. Moved away from it over 30 years ago, one of the best things I ever did. Don't get me wrong summers are hot hot here, bugs are rough at times. 
    I guess just pick your evil. I will say it is beautiful when you can be inside by the fire and look outside at it.  
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Don P

QuoteNow how did that get there?  

Truck sledding :D. I was 25 when we chose the house site, which has good sun. The driveway is a little steep, close to 30% grade, we usually hike up in snow. It was getting a little mushy when I got home the other day after doing some reshoring and pumping at work, we'll wait for the roof weight to clear there. I decided to try to go for it and show some dirt to help it melt. I didn't make it and then gravity on ice took hold of the situation. I hate ABS, especially backwards. With old style brakes I can stab and slew the rear, kick it back into the road and release and bring the front around. There ain't no surfing with ABS. It's in a place where if I move it'll go into the woods so that truck is there till it melts unless I want to rig it. There's a couple of cars down below and it's better weather to sit inside and read about the watermills of Floyd County  :) so I'm in no real hurry to recover it.

WV Sawmiller

Okay - its just money this time. Our dishwasher quit pumping water and I checked all the valves and such and nothing had gotten closed on them. I called our appliance repair company and they gave me an appointment about 8-9 days out. Today he finally came and punched a few buttons to run a diagnostic on it. That ran and gave him a code which prompted him to open the door and remove the spoon that had slid under the float shutting off the water. Problem solved. $106 service charge applies. I obviously did not look close enough when I checked - but the expert did not see it at first either. If your dishwasher does out be sure to double check everything carefully for any lost silverware or roller off the trays or such. Might save you some time and money. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

Not to mention washing all the dishes by hand for 8-9 days while you wait for the guy.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jstier

While slabbing last night I was cutting a 36in oak and got the mill stuck about halfway through the cut. So turned off the mill and got it back about 2inches to trim off about half an inch with a chainsaw. I ended up hitting my chainsaw blade on the sawmill blade :(   >:( 

Andries

Which chain was the tougher ?   ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Silverfoxfintry

My Car uses "Addblue" injected into the CAT to cut emissions.
On Tuesday I got a 10l plastic container from a friend.
Placed it in my Pickup behind the front passenger seat.
Yesterday I found the footwell flooded with Addblue.
9L soaked into the carpets.
It will take me hours to remove all the seats and trim before I can remove them for cleaning and drying.

aigheadish

@WV Sawmiller that reminds me of a time my relatively brand new dryer started making a terrible noise. It seemed to work ok but made a God-awful screeching and grinding. We called the repair shop, the guy came out, took apart the drum to find a nickel floating around in there, seemingly stuck in between some stuff. I've never taken apart a dryer but I likely will try if it happens again.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

dean herring

Has any put gasoline in their diesel tractor? I did and cranked it up,went over and cranked sawmill up to warm up. I thought it sounded different but it was really cold. Went on and cranked backhoe up and when the mill warmed up,finished sawing the log I was cutting. Went to get on tractor and it wasn't idling as usual. This was about 30 minutes after cranking.  
I've drained the tank. Should I purge the fuel lines or just put fuel in and crank up.🤯🤯🤯🤯
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Walnut Beast

Remote started my diesel truck that was plugged in with a 100 ft extension cord and had Diesel Man (German Shepherd) in the back and went four miles over to a friends and backed in his drive, picked something up in the back of the truck and back home and let Diesel out and noticed Something 😂. Went to the front and it was still plugged in and pulled the cord and couldn't believe all 100 ft was there. The end got chewed up by the gravel road 😂😂

Nebraska

@Walnut Beast  No way....If I did something  like that I would've driven over the cord yanked it out at 40 mph. Thus tearing the cord off as well wrecking  the block heater cord at the same time. Then some body would've come along behind me witnessing the carnage and picked up a free now 90ft cord.  :)

Walnut Beast

sawguy21

You are not the first and you won't be the last. I replaced the cord on a co workers Camry, now that was a fun job! @dean herring you want to flush as much as you can, diesels don't get on well with gas. My next door neighbor couldn't get his Kubota to run properly, hadthe serviceman come out but still no joy. Neither of them noticed lawn mower gas in the tank, he was some embarrassed when he told me what he had done. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

terrifictimbersllc

Ive driven off to gas up the boat with the Minkota still plugged in, wondering why my wife is yelling at me.  :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

We had a fire truck years ago that had an air leak we could not find and it took too long for the brakes to air up when started cold, so we kept it plugged into a small air compressors at the fire house while we continued to look for the leak. The connection was right next to the landline under the driver's door to keep the batteries and tools charged.
 Well one night/early morning we get a structure fire call and the driver passed close enough to the fire on his way for the truck that he could see it was a worker and he got a little excited, figured he was finally gonna be 'first due'. He opened the bay as he pulled in, yanked the landline without even looking and climbed in and fire it up, was out the door in to time. Got down to the bottom of the hill and when he took the turn, saw that compressor fly across the road in his rearview. Went nearly a mile before something broke, he just kept going till the brakes locked. (He wasn't first due.)
 You would think that would set him up for years of razzing, but it only lasted about 6 months until somebody did not wait until the garage door was all the way up before pulling out in a similar heated moment. I have picked up more than a few of those landlines still connected, or not far from the trucks they were connected to and repairing them and the overhead outlets they hung from. Bought them by the box.
:D :D :D :D :D
 They ruined all that now because the rigs come with a self ejecting plug, they blow it out of the socket as soon as the engine starts.......most of the time. ;D

thecfarm

We had that happen at work, driving off still plugged in. Now I put the extension cord over the mirror on the door. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!