iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

I think were the old daisy where one pump was it.  and yes, we are required to report to law enforcement and child protective services as a gun shot.  my pt. prob would have liked to go to juvi as his dad had laid down the law in the past.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Quote from: doc henderson on July 03, 2019, 09:33:55 PMwe are required to report to law enforcement and child protective services as a gun shot

Wow - I guess I get that, but geesh, it was just part of being a dumb kid and growing up, along with eating lead paint, riding in the bed of a pickup holding onto a heifer, trying to make nitroglycerin in chemistry class...;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

no wonder kids do not know how to do anything! right?  I know, it is the near death learning experiences that give us this spidey senses that keep us alive later in life!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rjwoelk

Southside. You forgot pipe cannons loaded with ball bearings. Light fuse and run. Yup good old days. Here in canada can't get firecrackers. Sad day that law came in.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

firefighter ontheside

My buddy went back for a follow up with a different doctor.  He did another X-ray, one that was real time.  Turns out the sliver of metal was over an inch away from where the surgeon was looking for it.  Decided to leave it there.  I think the piece was only 5mm long.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

things can migrate, I have worked for hours under flouro (real time x-ray) and can feel something, see it on x-ray, and still not find it to remove.  Like having something in bathwater and you try to grab it and it keep floating away.  FFOTS,  that metal looked like 1/2 centimeter to me! :D :D :D.  

firefighter ontheside

You say tomato.....I say tomato.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

jimparamedic

During Paramedic rotation in ER 14 yr M GSW to left chest coming in buy squad. Everyone took a beep breath then medic on squad said it was a BB gun surgeon said oh so no big deal then medic report it was a sucking chest wound. turned out it was a high powered pellet rifle he was hit just below the collar bone went in at the 3rd intercostal and was laying on the diaphragm. He laying in waiting behind a knoll when his bubby shot him. he got a chest tube and a trip to Children's by Bird. Was very it only nicked his lung missed everything else.

crowhill

We can never be too careful with our guns. Been hunting since I was 6 years old. Have a deer camp. Late one evening all coming together not far from camp, chatted, started walking single file toward camp, one gun discharged, whoa! It's dark, guns should be empty! Was told it just discharged!? Really? Once in camp, two of the group took the gun and tried to determine the "it just discharged theory", they are pretty good at gun repair and modification. Absolutely no reason for a misfire. A teenager made a mistake, he was asked to leave and to think about the rules of safely handling a gun and to come back the following week-end. Tough lesson but no room for error and stated he pulled the trigger checking the safety but while pointed toward the ground.
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

firefighter ontheside

It's been a long time since I did something dumb, well maybe not that long.  Yesterday I was standing on the tailgate of my F350.  That thing is about 42" off the ground.  I heard the phone ringing in the house so I tried to step down with my left leg.  I'm not tall enough to do that, so when the left leg went down as far as it could the rest of me fell off.  I landed on my rear and my back.  I don't know how, but I was not really injured.  My ankle was funky for an hour or so and my shoulder was sore last night, but that's it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

breederman

Ouch.  I put a ladder on my tail gate so I can climb in and out. Sometimes it's in the way and I have to fold it out to use the gate. But for what I use the truck for it is great.
Together we got this !

WV Sawmiller

FFOS,

Glad you are not seriously injured than a few bruises and a little ego damage. Thanks for sharing. Stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crusarius

I did something dumb today. I drove through canada on the way to the pigroast. That was seriously dumb. Took me 11 hours to get here.

I will never do that again. border crossing are BS!!!!

firefighter ontheside

The stupid thing is that my tailgate has one of those pullout steps.  I rarely use it.  Maybe I should.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

breederman

Together we got this !

Crusarius

That is one of the options I did not get that I wish I had.

Mike W

Man, this topic sat dormant for a few weeks, just thought everyone was staying in doors out of the heat and not doing anything at all.  It's daily that I feel I do something dumb, even if it's only me that feels that way.

Glad it was only a minor mishap you had there FFOS, had a sub on a project a while back that did something very similar, landed on his backside, but there was a good size rock where he landed and cracked his tailbone, took months to heal and he looked in a lot of pain.

Bummer you had such a hard time at the border @Crusarius, that does suck.  Can't speak to your side of the country, we live like right at the border, in fact could hit it with a rock (not recommended) from here.  Albeit, we are seriously in the middle of nowhere, the border is only open from 9 to 5 daily, they actually roll up the sidewalks at 5 and we see no traffic at all the rest of the day.  Own a store and have thousands of Canadian customers which hundreds frequent our facility daily to pick up goods ordered on line, and there is a fluid motion to and fro across this border, but as mentioned we are in nowhere land and that may be the big caveat, not being where any significant population is near, have a great time at the roast, wish I was able to attend, better planning next year might be in the cards.

Crusarius

I was crossing at niagara falls and ummm somewhere into michigan. Unfortunately there is water eeverywhere except those 2 bridges so it gets quite backed up.

I only went through canada cause I was after a change or scenerey from the states. Funny thing was it looked exactly the same if not worse. Much less country the way I went to much city.

Oh well. I made it and think I am going to bed. need to be fresh for tomorrow. I hear there is a pig that needs devouring :)

moosehunter

Quote from: Crusarius on August 02, 2019, 09:14:13 PM
I did something dumb today. I drove through canada on the way to the pigroast. That was seriously dumb. Took me 11 hours to get here.

I will never do that again. border crossing are BS!!!!
I tried to tell ya!
Todays company at the pr will make it worth the trip. 
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Nebraska

9 5/8" -4 5/8" = 5 5/8".... :-[  at least it was elm.... 

WV Sawmiller

That Nebraska math must be different than ours. ???
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

samandothers

Quote from: Nebraska on August 03, 2019, 07:43:14 AM
9 5/8" -4 5/8" = 5 5/8".... :-[  at least it was elm....

Well can't laugh at ya, done similar only to realize too late.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Nebraska on August 03, 2019, 07:43:14 AM
9 5/8" -4 5/8" = 5 5/8".... :-[  at least it was elm....
OH, I surely cannot laugh at you for that. I worked the night shift last night, sleep cycle is messed up, had a couple of 'cokes' when I got home, then got up and read your post before I had my first 3 cups of coffee. I sat here and looked at your math and thought "What? That looks right to me." took me a full minute to clear my head enough to realize what we both did.  AT least it was elm. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

samandothers

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: samandothers on August 03, 2019, 01:01:12 PM
@Old Greenhorn

Don't go look at trucks today!!
Funny you should mention that, I was just on my way out. But not to worry, I have finished my 12 cup pot and had a few hours to wake up. I am as fresh as a wilted daisy now. Also, my banker/wife is 3,000 miles away and I barely have enough cash in my pocket for a tiny good faith deposit. I am not buying today (at least that is not my plan).
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!