The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Did something dumb today.  (Read 94125 times)

Andries and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
    • Woodsman Forest Products
Re: Did something dumb today.
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2019, 12:44:16 PM »
Yeah Doc, that stone don't look too good, but I have already replaced it with another, softer, one. I don't have any of the other fracture symptoms, no point pressure or discoloration, was more concerned about intracranial hemorrhage, which I have no indicators for. Also, no meds to mess things up, I am drug free. If I was on thinners, I would have been in the E/D that night because you don't get a lot of second chances with that. (Beer however, is a different story, but I am staying away from that until things are back to what represents normal for me.)
 @moosehunter : Ice may help that but just because it ain't broke doesn't mean you may not have a problem. Digits are pesky little things, you may have cut the muscle or done some good nerve damage. Keep a close eye on that, by now the pain should be pretty much gone except when you bend or use it. If that is not the case, or bending it makes you feel like heaving, you'd better get it checked out. (And Yes, this is the pot calling the kettle black, I am aware.) Good luck with it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I am the woodcutter now.
I can work with wood, but I am NOT a Woodworker, yet.

Offline moosehunter

• Senior Member x2
  • Every once in a while
    • Share Post
    • Saw it Coming
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
It only hurts enough to remind me what I did! Now last night when I knocked on the neighbors door with that hand,... Does that count as a continuation of the same dumb thing or is that a separate dumb thing?

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2019, 01:53:47 PM »
I think it's not a new one, I believe it is more like 'multiplier points' or something like that. ;D :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2019, 02:34:03 PM »
  @moosehunter   i would ask you to post a pic, but the admin guys would prob. take it off and such, being the middle finger and all.  sorry you got pinched.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline moosehunter

• Senior Member x2
  • Every once in a while
    • Share Post
    • Saw it Coming
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
Not nearly as ugly as some of the pictures on this thread

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
It only hurts enough to remind me what I did! Now last night when I knocked on the neighbors door with that hand,... Does that count as a continuation of the same dumb thing or is that a separate dumb thing?

mh
It never fails. If I injure a finger that is the one that takes the hit every time I walk by a sharp corner or need something. Years ago I took the tip off the second finnger of my left hand in a table saw, had a splint. Every so often I would hit the underside of the dash of my pick up while rolling the window up, I would roll to the side of the road, throw it out of gear, suck wind and wipe the tears. Man, that hurt.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »
<
I dunno, looks like you got a pretty good run toward the bone before it stopped, but There doesn't seem to be a lot of bruising, so it should heal up ok. The photos aren't the game here, or I hope not. I waited over two days to take mine, mostly because it was the only way I could see it (I am not discussing this with my wife). I should have gotten one before I cleaned myself up. I do have one of the shirt because I am going to have to get a replacement next year and I might need proof. It doesn't look as bad as it could have.  ;D

Offline firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
That looks like it hurt Old Greenhorn.  Get some rest.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »
That looks like it hurt Old Greenhorn.  Get some rest.
Yeah, it kinda did, well it still does. I have a full blown schedule overloaded at work and it's nuts, so I can't take any time off. But I am taking it easy at home, just doing a few things and getting to bed early. I just wish this persistent headache would go away. The cut is pretty much dried up now, no seeping at all today and it survived the shower tonight. I'll live, always have so far. ;D

Offline rjwoelk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • countrysidefirewood
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »
I have traveled across the border and took the 401W, then crossed over at Sault St Marie, MI just to avoid getting near Chicago!

To me, it was well worth the trip!
You really took the long way around, I dont find traveling through Detroit to the border Windsor or vis versa a problem very straight forward. Chicago is busy in rush hr. but I try to plan it out to avoid it if possible.If you take Sarnia it would be better and still avoid Detroit.  
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
Well, My home is here in NY and I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB, SD!  I spent 8 years there and travelled home every other year for leave and always looked for something different!  My normal route from home was to go South on I-81 until I got to I-80, the take I-80 all the way to Sioux City, IA (to avoid the cities and the toll roads), then I-29N to Sioux Falls, SD, then I-90 to Ellsworth AFB!
So, going through Canada to Sault St Marie was a welcome change!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Offline rjwoelk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • countrysidefirewood
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »
Yup that makes sense.  We have the pass for tolls and if the traffic is light can make it through Chicago with out slowing up, that would be around 8,9 PM. 

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Offline Tam Barron

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #272 on: August 31, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
Hi...
I dont know if this will work.

I fell up my unfinished concrete stairs. Now have 6 inch scar on forearm. Treated with swearing, cold water and honey!

Good luck.

T

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #273 on: August 31, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
welcome Tam, that will work... and does your honey have a name?   :D.  some folks tend to post on this thread more than others!
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline SawyerTed

• Senior Member x2
  • Summey Lumber Services, LLC
    • Share Post
« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2019, 11:03:53 AM »
Falling up stairs counts!  Heck falling counts!

Dropped a coiled saw blade and could not get away fast enough!  It was

like 158” of cat claws coming after me!
Woodmizer LT35HD25, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Offline Tam Barron

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #275 on: August 31, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
<
I dunno, looks like you got a pretty good run toward the bone before it stopped, but There doesn't seem to be a lot of bruising, so it should heal up ok. The photos aren't the game here, or I hope not. I waited over two days to take mine, mostly because it was the only way I could see it (I am not discussing this with my wife). I should have gotten one before I cleaned myself up. I do have one of the shirt because I am going to have to get a replacement next year and I might need proof. It doesn't look as bad as it could have.  ;D
I am very new and also that dreaded thing, female! I avoid doctors and hospitals like the plague. Standard comment to children, dont come running to me with a broken leg. Please smile.
They have managed a few other things...
General comment...unless you can see bone or pumping blood (arterial) I dont really bother. Head wounds, a bit different. bleed like (EDITED BY ADMIN)  If they dont I worry!
Swearing, cold water and honey, with a bit of clean old sheet works well. Not as furry as proper bandages!
Any way up. IF you still have a headache after 3 days, go to the docs. Broken fingers and toes work well when braced with ice cream sticks and tape. Electrical for preference.
And I might send you a picture of my latest patient. Broken legged 3mo hen. Bit of a limp, but 3 weeks ago could not walk!
Please laugh at me..used to it...want to ask some sensible questions.

Offline SawyerTed

• Senior Member x2
  • Summey Lumber Services, LLC
    • Share Post
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
Tam, you are too funny! 😄 

We mostly laugh together here!  

Welcome!
Woodmizer LT35HD25, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Offline Tam Barron

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »
Falling up stairs counts!  Heck falling counts!

Dropped a coiled saw blade and could not get away fast enough!  It was
(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)
 like 158” of cat claws coming after me!
Ok!
Get that hairy leg up and in cool water, loads of salt. Like almost floating! It will hurt, but..
Assume not near femoral, (EDITED BY ADMIN)
You have tetanus injection?
Any sort of honey will work, proper un-past-your -eyes,  phonetic ( not messed about with is best) I cannot spell.
Leave the littlest bites uncovered. Wounds heal better uncovered.
You can to save your beauty..(lol very hairy legs)  when the scars start to form use a cold cream to soften scabs. NOT anything like the Q10 face cream stuff! Does Nivea or Ponds still exist in USA?
The Q10 stuff BURNS like fire!
I know, got impatient with a pressure cooker! No scars, but had blisters from mid forearm to mid shoulder both arms! Old fashioned Nivea, ran out..and put the Q10 stuff on instead...spent 10 minutes in the shower yelling!
Good luck..sorry old fashioned..
T

Offline Tam Barron

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
Thanks,

Pretending to be a bit dumb is the mission of my life. 

Do not tell anyone I actually have a brain please :D

They would expect me to join in with "REAL LIFE".

Offline Tam Barron

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2019, 12:12:02 PM »
<
I dunno, looks like you got a pretty good run toward the bone before it stopped, but There doesn't seem to be a lot of bruising, so it should heal up ok. The photos aren't the game here, or I hope not. I waited over two days to take mine, mostly because it was the only way I could see it (I am not discussing this with my wife). I should have gotten one before I cleaned myself up. I do have one of the shirt because I am going to have to get a replacement next year and I might need proof. It doesn't look as bad as it could have.  ;D
I am very new and also that dreaded thing, female! I avoid doctors and hospitals like the plague. Standard comment to children, dont come running to me with a broken leg. Please smile.
They have managed a few other things...
General comment...unless you can see bone or pumping blood (arterial) I dont really bother. Head wounds, a bit different. bleed like hell (moderators, I AM English!). If they dont I worry!
Swearing, cold water and honey, with a bit of clean old sheet works well. Not as furry as proper bandages!
Any way up. IF you still have a headache after 3 days, go to the docs. Broken fingers and toes work well when braced with ice cream sticks and tape. Electrical for preference.
And I might send you a picture of my latest patient. Broken legged 3mo hen. Bit of a limp, but 3 weeks ago could not walk!
Please laugh at me..used to it...want to ask some sensible questions.

Tam, you are too funny! 😄

We mostly laugh together here!  

Welcome!

Thanks a lot.. You BUGGER! If you offer me tartan paint, sky hooks and a long weight. I will take it under advisement!

You made me feel young again. Ta.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
i pulled a dumb-dumb...

Started by Dan_Shade on Health and Safety

1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2005, 06:10:46 AM
by sawguy21
xx
how dumb can I get???

Started by dnalley on Chainsaws

13 Replies
Last post May 16, 2015, 06:09:35 PM
by JohnG28