iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Well - this is along the lines of WV's situation, I didn't do it, but was pulled in as an observer.  Couple weeks back my wife and I made a run to town for groceries and such.  Well we are in Sams wandering around the store and I had parked the cart to grab something and another guy had parked their cart by mine.  Other guy walks back to the carts and begins to stroll away smiling with my cart, now I am watching this and thinking "hua, this is going to be interesting" he got maybe 10 feet away when either wifey or girlfriend comes around the corner, looks at the cart, looks up at him, looks back at the cart, then back up at him.  Suddenly a black cloud formed around her, the winds picked up, lightning and thunder broke out and her face peeled off, skin, muscles, suddenly bare bone showed as she elevated several feet off of the ground in a true Poltergeist or Indiana Jones type of scene.  This response from her caused "other guy" to look at the shopping cart he was pushing and evaluate the contents, or lack there of, in the cart - no big deal right, he has the wrong stuff, the store has plenty more.  Only problem was the cart he left behind contained a child in it, clearly hers, and now I am not sure if it's his or not.  In what can only be described as one small step for mankind, one giant leap for "other guy" he instantly realizes his error and sprints back to his child containing cart, looks at me knowing that he is about to walk into the light, and pushes away.  Now he has two carts, a demonic presence hovering over him, and no idea what to do, so he leaves his cart with the raging storm coddling the child, pure Ghost Busters by now, and returns my cart and sort of mumbles something along the lines of "sorry".  Well, I am really trying not to laugh and my wife is just about to my side by this time dumbfounded.  They leave and we have a good laugh about it at his expense.  

We finish our shopping and head across the what - 15 acre parking lot - get to the van and what to my wondering eyes should appear? But "other guy" and his "Dear".  So we load the stuff into the cooler bags that we bring and nobody is really saying much, "other guy" fills his vehicle in record time and is about to push the cart away when my good nature came out - was just trying to be helpful - and I asked him "Sure you got everything?"  So he kind of laughs and says "yea" and while managing to keep a straight face I looked right at him and said "I am not sure how, but you realize she is going to kill you, right?" to which he just kind of stared at me and gave a nervous half smile.  My wife overheard me and later said that was not nice, but it sure seemed like the thing to say at the moment.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

While we are talking about shopping carts, remember if you are bored in WalMart while your wife shops to entertain yourself you can do things like sneak pregnancy test kits into old couples buggies, condoms into the priests cart, a bottle of wine in the Baptist preacher's cart, etc. then watch when they get to the checkout line.

I had a friend in Albany GA who ran the dry cleaners and he had a fake pair of ladies bloomers about 100" waist size and he'd get a stack of clothes, shake them and the bloomers would fall out and he'd pick them up and stretch them out for all to see. Once he did that and the man who dropped off the clothes got beet red, grabbed the bloomers, stuffed them in his shirt and walked out. We always wondered what his wife looked like.

Years ago in church after helping with the offering a distracted member came back and sat down in his pew only he was one row off and the lady he was sitting beside was not his wife who was in the row behind. This was an honest and harmless error and nobody thought much of it till he looked over and saw the strange woman beside him then he literally screamed, jumped up and ran to the seat behind him. The error was easy to make and correct with a simple "Excuse me" but his reaction was priceless and broke up the entire congregation.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

I usually do the shopping cart thing with my wife just to see how long it takes her to notice some absolutely ridiculous item in there, things like a 5 lb chocolate cake or 20" cookie.  One time I found a pair of massive clown slippers and tossed them in, these things were huge, she didn't pick up on it for a while, and when she did I put them in a random, unattended cart - never leave your cart unattended or your vehicle un locked at the county fair - you never know how many Zucchini you will find in there when you return :D.  I was still in observation range when the cart driver returned.  He picked those up and with a bewildered look was searching for the vandal, who was nowhere to be found while hiding in plain sight.... ;D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

I have almost done the wrong shopping cart,but I was not pushing a baby!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nebraska

This one makes me shudder, I almost absentmindedly  asked if a young lady was "expecting" the other day while making small talk over  a new kitten in the office, she had her 3 year old in tow. I have never made that mistake before, turns out  she was.  She volunteered the information herself. Several years  ago I witnessed one of those incidents and vanished like a puff of smoke  outside to get something out of my vet truck. I was "not" the guilty party.  ::)

doc henderson

In private practice at one point or another, all of my nurses made that mistake at least once, and for most only once. i think as long as it is not your wife, you are ok.  i usually exclaim, "What did you have for lunch?"   but i am sure i will get in trouble for that one someday.  i usually already know they are pregnant.  I fear someday they may relate that indeed it was over lunch... ;) :) 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

So I share my birthday week with my daughter in law and the two step daughters of my best friend.  So my best friend and his wife threw a birthday bash for the four of us - me, my daughter in law and my friends step daughters.   Did I say the three women are between 26 and 31?

When the carrot cake birthday cakes came out, the three girls started trying to smear cream cheese icing on each other.  I had faded into the background.  The three of them decided that I needed to have cream cheese icing smeared on my face too!

Apparently, I didn't protest enough.......
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

sawguy21

:D I would have paid admission to see that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

Pretty sure that's called a "cover charge" sawguy... :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

firefighter ontheside

My dumb thing for today was making all the parts for 8 rail and stile cabinet doors.  The dumb part was making all of the rails one inch too short.  Consequently I will be making them all again tomorrow.  Planing, jointing, cutting, milling at the router table.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

could just make some shorter cabinets!  @firefighter ontheside .  sweet @SawyerTed 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

Was having chainsaw irritation,....switched bars when it was getting dark had a new Oregon 20 inch loop. Got the bar switched it was dark when finished stowed the saw under the mill shed gave up for the night. Last night between rain showers I went out set the beam machine on the 2x4 started back down into the cut. No chips right away,  instantly realized that I had put the chain on backwards in the dark two nights ago. > :-[  Was really impressed with myself,luckily no witnesses I'm safe.  8) ..

sawguy21

Not the first time that has been done. :D

Nebraska

I was probably "due" honestly been a while since  I  had done it.

thecfarm

I just did it the other day,putting a chain on backwards. I have no idea how,why I did. But as soon as I put the chain into,well onto the wood, :D  I knew what I did. ::)  I don't think I have ever done that before,but somehow knew I did it as soon as I did it. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Crusarius

I think they should start making 2 direction chains. Twice the life between sharpening :)

Southside

It's even more impressive when you put the band on backwards on your mill, or so I have heard.  :-X
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

talma

southside I tried the other day.  took me a bit an some help to turn the blade over.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Southside on September 25, 2019, 01:22:15 PM
It's even more impressive when you put the band on backwards on your mill, or so I have heard.  :-X
Yes, I have 'Heard" this also. >:( ;D ;D ;)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawguy21

An acquaintance inherited an old two man saw from his grandfather, apparently it wouldn't cut so the man threw it in the shed and forgot about it. You guessed it, the chain was on backwards. I tried to buy but no go DanG it!!

Nebraska

Probably  my third band out of the box of 10 that came with mill opened up reversed. I started to put it on the mill and then thought..... :o  "oh no it's the wrong blade, that won't work"   for just a second and the light went on, ......oh yeah flip it over dummy..... After that little set back I also always wear gloves when handling blades, because  of course afterwards all I could find was a box of "Buzz Light Year Toy Story band aids,  I guess better than "Little Mermaid" for my ego  I did get a "nice band aid" comment the next day at the clinic from my tech.
Just got a little father along on the sawmill learning curve there.

doc henderson

good for you @Nebraska .  only a few good men can pull off putting on a Disney princess bandaid.  the grand kids would love it.  good for you!  to infinity and beyond! 8)

A-z farmer

We cut firewood every winter for the people who help us with moving our beepers and buffalo and running them through our circle .Two years ago we were cutting for this one guy and he brought a saw .He must of hit the frozen ground and he was changing his chain .He could not get it to cut so my son and I were astonished to watch him totally destroy his nice saw .Needless to say he does not help us any more and his only comments was he could afford another new one.
Zeke

Stephen1

Quote from: Southside on September 25, 2019, 01:22:15 PM
It's even more impressive when you put the band on backwards on your mill, or so I have heard.  :-X
And then call the tech complaning the mill isn't sawing right.  
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!