iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Back around '09-'10 I trucked horses coast to coast and ran G's on a couple different goosenecks.  One being an Excess 40'.  I would rotate them every 10,000 miles and they would last just about 100K before the tread was worn off. Pricey, but worth every penny.  Always ran them at max PSI too.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

JoshNZ

I think it is kinder to a tyre to run it at its max psi. Less deformation in the walls per revolution, and less fatigue over its life.

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: K-Guy on October 14, 2020, 04:12:04 PM

firefighterontheside

Sometimes I think you and WV Sawmiller are in competition here!!!  ;D

I'll take that as a compliment.  Lol.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Yup, left the tractor stuck but tomorrow will be another day.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

Oh no!  Hoss down.  No mud like that around here.  Its way too dry.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Looks like a minor inconvenience. Nobody looks to be hurt, no major damage to expensive equipment, not even all that embarrassing compared to many of the things we typically see here. Stay safe. This too shall pass.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

Looks like your doing a Southside

mike_belben

Quote from: Walnut Beast on August 02, 2020, 03:17:48 PM
Speaking of getting stuck. It's amazing the flotation of a wide track dozer has compared to a standard. Where a standard track would  be instantly stuck a wide track can work just fine in wet ground
Agreed.  But when you get a widetrack dozer stuck youre really stuck.  I built a small pond by accident that way.. Rowing the 6 way blade to back out of it while water filled in from a groundspring i hit.  Wasnt ever gonna dry back up after that.
20k forktruck will also help you find the groundwater. 

Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Keep us posted how you got that bad boy out Mike

Nebraska

If its all the same I will continue to use my divining  rods to locate water it's really less trouble than using heavy equipment.

(Geez I probably  just doomed myself to burying my tractor for that comment.)

I did actually bump one of my blade covers off lowering my mill head this evening because I didn't move a couple cants over far enough on the pallet forks.  It managed to dink the blade and dull it on its a way  down falling off.  I should've looked a little closer before I started... just about a quarter inch too close to pass by.....  ::)

Southside

Quote from: Walnut Beast on October 15, 2020, 09:43:33 PM
Looks like your doing a Southside
Hey - I represent that comment!!!   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

The John Deere has a new battery and after jumping across the mouse chewed wires I have it running, I have the logging wince, plus the F250 has a winch so we will get it out.  Marty, Ben, and Collin will all be here in the morning to plant food plots so there will be plenty of help.  
I subsoiled just before Hurricane Delta which is what caused this.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Well that is one way to cool the oil, just lower the oil pan in some cool water.

Southside

That makes sense MM.  Have had the same thing happen after ripping ground.   
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

GAB

Lynn:
Wrong piece of equipment for putting a pond in.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Next time you plant food plots try going to an area you can plant rye instead of rice. :D :D Stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

Creating habitat.  The salamanders need a place to live, too :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

Quote from: Walnut Beast on October 15, 2020, 10:13:15 PM
Keep us posted how you got that bad boy out Mike
That was years ago, a 648 skidder did the job.  There is 230ish triaxle loads of fill dirt there now. 
Praise The Lord

Jim_Rogers

I built a shed on my tilt deck bobcat trailer. I planned to pull it off the trailer deck by chaining it to a tree and slowly drive away.
We jacked it up and put some 3"x12" oak dowel rollers under the runners and I pulled it off the trailer. very slowly, so we could place some 1 1/2"x6" x12" paver blocks under the white oak runners.

It all went very smooth and the shed ended up exactly were I wanted it.

I was driving my pickup truck.
Now, here comes the dump part.
Once on the ground, the chain was tight from the shed runners to the tree. I hadn't planed on how to disconnect the chain.
I should have put a chain binder between the tree and the shed up tight so I could have loosened up the chain with making the binder longer.
We had to drive around and try and pull the shed closer to the tree to get the chain loose enough to disconnect.
Well, that didn't work. I pulled the chain hooks right out of the runners.
But, I got the chains back and off the tree.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Resonator

QuoteI think it is kinder to a tyre to run it at its max psi. Less deformation in the walls per revolution, and less fatigue over its life.
Having all your trailer tires psi the same is just as important. When one tire is low next to a full pressure tire, heat builds up at highway speeds and that's when they will explode.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

John Deere easily pulled it out and then we got all of the seed/fertilizer in the ground and covered.

WDH

Now somebody gets to clean up the Hoss. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

I hope the Orange said thank you to the green.  Sounds like some Irish Protestant and Catholic story.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Well then the Orange had to help the Green out!!   :o

Thank You Sponsors!